Looper that can be manipulated by hand...and foot...

eflatminor

• Members

without bending over! So, I one of those guys that prefers his effects pedals up off the ground, on an X stand, so they can be manipulated in real time. I play experimental/spontaneously composed music. The idea of having the pedals at waist level is that the performance is about finding new sounds while I play. Out there kind of stuff. While that works great for most pedals, some just NEED to be on the ground, like a looper. It's near impossible to start/stop a loop in time with your hands while you're playing.

What I'm looking for is a looper where the start/stop/overdub functions are engaged by foot, and the other functions are up on my X stand. I just HATE bending over during a performance in order to adjust the output of the looper, for example. Several loopers out there offer foot controllers that control things like reverse, freeze, undo, or skip, but none that I can find offer the basic start/stop/overdub functions in a separate foot pedal.

Short of building some sort of mechanical contraption that will allow me to engage the start/stop function with my foot while the looper is on the X stand (what a pain!), I wonder if there is something out there I'm missing. Anyone know of a looper with a separate foot controller that engages the basic start/stop/overdub functions? Anyone found a way around this dilemma?

Thanks!

Archived