Modulation effects

mbengs1

• Members

I just recently purchased a MoltenVoltage CV Sync and a CTRL Sync which allows me to send a MIDI clock to any pedal with a CV Expression input jack or any pedal with a CV tap tempo input jack.

So to answer your question, any effect unit with a CV input jack can be modulated. Here's a list of effects I have with CV control:

BOSS PS-3

Cusack Tap-A-Whirl v3

Effectrode Deluxe Phase-o-Matic

EHX Bi-Fileter

EHX H.O.G. v1

EHX Deluxe Memory Man with Tap Tempo 1100ms

EHX Worm v2

EHX Enigma

EHX Stereo Polyphaser

EHX TubeEQ

EHX Holiest Grail

EHX 8 Step Sequencer

• Members

Back when Jimi played, there weren't too many pedals available. His main pedals were the Fuzz Face, Univibe, Vox Wah, Octavio pedal and either Marshall, Fender or Hiwatt amps. cranked really loud where he's get lead notes to self sustain.

Here's a pretty good list of live gear. Its hard to know what he may have used in all situations, especially in the studio.

http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-play...-and-equipment

Oh and you cant forget his mastery using a tremolo bar on the guitar. He did use many that were backwards that gave him a unique edge. I've always been tempted to stick a left handed bridge in a right handed Strat just for the purpose of being able to use my arm instead of my pick hand to work a whammy.

what are all the modulation based effects in the world? i know phaser' date=' flanger,chorus, rotary speaker, wahwah (is it?), pickup selector switch (like what jimi did on voodoo child). tremolo. is there any else? lol[/quote']

I think the Hendrix one you're thinking of is a Uni-Vibe. MXR / Dunlop owns the trademark to that name - everyone else usually refers to their versions as just "vibe" pedals.

I can see how some people might think so, but I generally wouldn't really consider a wah to be a modulation effect - it's a sweepable filter.

Vibrato (not the same as a vibe, although they're often confused) is another modulation effect. It's basically the same as a chorus, with the same kind of pitch modulation (sharper / flatter), but without any of the dry, unprocessed signal mixed in like a chorus has.

Archived