Does your amp have trem, but you use a tremolo pedal instead?

Phil O'Keefe

Does your amp have trem, but you use a tremolo pedal instead?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does your amp have trem, but you use a tremolo pedal instead?

• My amp lacks tremolo, and I use a tremolo pedal
    • My amp has tremolo, but I use a tremolo pedal instead
    • My amp has tremolo, and I also use tremolo pedals - you can never have too many trem options
    • I don't currently use tremolo
    • Pedal

Strat87 mentioned in the tremolo thread that he has a Twin, but doesn't use its built-in tremolo, but uses a pedal instead.

I was wondering if that's fairly common, so I thought I'd make a poll. I'm not trying to steer general tremolo discussion away from the other thread, but I did want to find out if this is fairly common or not....

• Members

It depends, the trem on my vibrochamp is wonky and I don't like my princeton reverb trem, so I will use diamond or a strymon flint, but my princeton brownface has an insane trem. If I get a blackface/silverface amp with an opto-trem, I would use that for standard trem sounds

• Members

I have zero amps with trem, but I kind of want to use it. I do actually want one, but I'd sort of like it with tap-tempo and presets, and those cost more than I want to pay. Working on getting my TC Nova System into that roll, but it's slow-going. It's a great multi (with good analogue dirt to boot!), but, unlike pedals, it's basically the opposite of tweak and go. Very deep editing there. The trem isn't so bad; it's everything else. With great power comes great responsibility, I guess.

• Members

Yeah my amp has tremolo but there's a volume drop that takes me out of the mix or if there is no mix it sounds like someone threw a thick blanket over it anyway. sounds nice but i can only use it in recording when prepared for the volume loss.

Yup it's a deluxe reverb (late 70's)

thankfully I have pedal that can do tremolo pretty well, but its main use is a vibrato type thing which I use quite a bit. not a big trem user but it's there if I need it.

Archived