SansAmp Fly Rig 5 Direct to mixer !!

BluesBenderNC

• Members

I received my new SansAmp Fly Rig 5 Sat morn. Messed with it for 10 mins into my practice amp then threw it in the car to go to a gig later on Sat night. I was not impressed at all with my quick practice session - sounded harsh & scratchy thru my Blue Jr amp.

During a break last night I connected my PRS S2 Custom 22 directly to the pedal and then out to the mixer out to the Fronts - bypassing guitar amp completely. Surprise Surprise - This baby rocked !!

My band mates said it was the best thing I've purchased in a long time. I have found something I can use in small venues and leave the amp in the car. Now, you can only do clean, dirty, Hot dirty, reverb, delay, but I can learn to live with that. If it had an LED tuner would be perfect. But it's well worth buying if you're tired of lugging an amp and trying to play in tight spaces. Other musicians will be looking and thinking "where's the amp?"

• Members

I was really surprised at how small it is. My regular board contains my wireless receiver, tuner, wah, the new B9 Organ (which is really cool at times) chorus, overdrive. Had a Line 6 M9 till I dropped it last week and now doesn't function. Wish I still had that to bring in the Rotary sound for Cold Shot & some Tremolo but can live without that, About the only time I use the wah is on White Room. So I can basically add my tuner and play. Also, looking at Bose PA to really minimize, but that's a whole 'nother story. Anyone ever hear a band with that?

• Members

I forgot ask something. For years I've had my amp on my right side pointing at me. I use an in-ear in my left ear so I'm hearing a bit of guitar both sides. Wonder if it would help me to stay tuned in to what I'm used to hearing if I buy a cheap studio monitor and place it where the guitar amp used be? But it has to be small & light or defeats the whole purpose of going small.

• Members
I forgot ask something. For years I've had my amp on my right side pointing at me. I use an in-ear in my left ear so I'm hearing a bit of guitar both sides. Wonder if it would help me to stay tuned in to what I'm used to hearing if I buy a cheap studio monitor and place it where the guitar amp used be? But it has to be small & light or defeats the whole purpose of going small.

pick up a used tech 21 powerengine. should be able to run the flyrig into that then use the direct out to foh.

Archived