Hey guys, whats been going down? Been a while...

seifukusha

• Members

Someone mentioned the forums and I thought I pop back in to see whats up. Is anyone still here?

For me, I kind of got tired of collecting. I went way overboard and at one time had 15 delays sitting around (but altogether Im guessing it was around 30-40 with in 15 years time). I didnt use very much and it was stopping me from playing (the paradox of choice). Luckily with gear, you can resell it and usually make your investment back. Im still pairing stuff down, but from 2 years ago,

I was like 60 pieces, now, maybe under 20. I got rid of the loopers and delays (but kept 4 delays and I still have the 2 lofiloopjunkies, but I dont use em). As of today I still use:

---Roland Beebaa and Roland Double Beat

(these two are my "proper idea" of fuzz so I stick with them)

---DM2

(Keeley tweaked)

----Guyatone 12 bit digital delay

(my favorite delay pedal)

----VB-2

(i got rid of my modulation, but I keep this for now)

----Big Jam Spit Wah envelope filter (although id like a AF-201 one day)

----an Ebow

(of course)

----the RE-201

(the spc eco space echo from the t-shirt)

and I recently re-acquired my original re-101

(my pal had it in his studio, now all digital, so he gave it back to me)

Still play the vintage 6120 and my Firebird. (and yes, I still have the Zvex Drip, but thats in its case mostly)

I got sick of looping and drones, so those toys were the first ones to go, ha

I just lost the fun of playing, so Ive been getting rid of the stuff I was so crazy for for years, I want to love playing more.

I may still get a pedal or two sometimes, but that period is over.

I did re-borrow my old US Vexter Box of Metal (yes, the fuzz factory is going away, i dont use it anymore) from Ultradust last night. I want to explore high-gain tones again, and the gate is cool.

Well, thats where I have been. A few collabs now and then. Who is still around? Anyone else paired down?

• Members

I'm back. Went purist for a while (guitar, cable, amp) been busy with life, working a lot and raising teenage daughters. Finally went and bought some real nice pieces of gear (a real nice PRS McCarty, Custom Shop Strat, and a vintage Fender Princeton Reverb)

Now I've gone back to pedals. Forgot how much fun I had building boards and drooling over others boards. I do a lot of lead playing with a friends recording project so I basically have a ton of dirt pedals and a several Wah pedals. I've gotten a Zoom Stomp pedal with the iPhone Apps you can download to the pedal so that helps with the GAS! I've really gone nuts over Wampler Pedals too, I have 6-7 of 'em now, I hadn't been around here forever. I was on a FB site for pedal boards and it reminded me of this place so I came back to see how it's been around here :)

• Members

Lots of vintage EHX stuff I want to sell, but it's hard to get around to. I really fell out gear lust for the last couple of years; but now that EHX reissued the 8 Step Sequencer and the Clockworks my pedal obsessions have recently been sparked again. Now I want to sync everything to MIDI and CV clocks :0

I just picked up a Cusack Tap-A-Whirl, so I've been in ping-pong heaven.

• Members

Welcome back guys! Good to see familiar faces and a little bit of chatter.

Gear-wise, not a whole lot has been up for me this year, though I still have birthday money from July burning a hole in my pocket. Finally getting to a point where I feel like I've got almost all the pieces and sounds together... I just really need the almost $300 Xotic SXB-1 as the last major piece of the puzzle. I also need my UD Stomp fixed - only getting a mono signal.

Really need to get a midi keyboard. Started to get into softsynth's, primarily on the iPad. They really help me with the creative process I've found, in a way similar to what a looper an do.

Oh and I've been on a huge Church kick lately... even moreso with their new album out. And it's inspiring me sonically, but I haz no 12strings, so I am sad....

Big problem is, I'm currently out of work, so I feel guilty buying anything at the moment.

• Members

No new pedals for me, but I had the Wally Looper briefly, that was cool, esp with the pitch shifting the loop.

I look but I cant be bothered mostly.

Oh the new Deco by Styrmon looks cool.

Edit: Theres a new Gizmotron? Wow, Id think on that. I found an non-working one in ..ahem..Japan

Oh and I've been on a huge Church kick lately... even moreso with their new album out. And it's inspiring me sonically, but I haz no 12strings, so I am sad....

The Danelectro 12 strings (DC-12 / 12SDC) are really pretty sweet for not a lot of money. Mine's a MIK DC-12 from the late 90s, and it's a great guitar. I'm pretty sure the current 12SDC's are fairly similar. While I do have a 6 string Rickenbacker, the DC-12 cured my Ric 12 GAS. I just couldn't justify the extra wampum for a "specialty" guitar that I only use occasionally.

Big problem is, I'm currently out of work, so I feel guilty buying anything at the moment.

Sorry to hear that - I hope you find something you like soon!

• Members

I've got a '73 Princeton Reverb with a Jensen P10R in it. I put a Boss Blues Driver in front of it and actually used it for gigs. The Blues Driver was literally like adding a couple of extra gain stages to the amp and, one one occasion, I used a strat > Blues Driver > Princeton > Marshall 4x12 and it was phenomenal.

Because I liked the Blues Driver so much I decided to get a Boss ME-25. It doesn't line up as well with the Princeton but it does work really well going direct into a mixer from the speaker emulated headphone output and as a recording interface via its USB port.

I still use the Blues Driver with the Princeton or just run straight into the amp for low volume gigs - it's a great little jazz amp with an ES-295 or a Les Paul and has a nice early Dire Straits sparkle with a strat.

• Members

I'm only using two pedals right now; Nova Delay and Nova Drive into a ZT Lunchbox.

MtRRab7.jpg

I play pretty much only in Church now (but that I do very often), and mostly for grown-ups, so don't get much chance to use fuzz and wah and POG and the other pitch-shifting stuff I love. Just sits on the shelf.

I still own most of the gear I used to have, but it only amounts to ~20 peices. Lots of dirt and a little of the other stuff. Still looking for a compressor and reverb to love. Reverb is the easy one (I only use it as a special effect, not part of my main sound), just haven't gotten around to it. Compressor is the tricky bit. I pretty much have come to terms with the fact that I kinda hate Ross/Dyna-style boxes unless I want "that" sound. I love the digital compressors in a lot of the multi-effects units (Line6 is great, and I do like the comp in my Nova System as well), but I just want one pedal that gives me that ultra clean, transparent comp.

But I'm getting along just fine without it too.

I am very excited about playing bass these days, however. Bass is a wonderful instrument. It's so simple and pure and fundamental that I feel like I'm sort of free to simply explore musical ideas without thinking too much about tone and gear -- just me and the instrument and the music. Bass is great. Guitar feels so putzy by comparison. Also, TalkBass is one of the best musical communities on the Internet. It's like HC was in the heyday.

• Members

Completely agreed. Really want a Keith McMillen 12 Step to run as a foot controller for the Animoog... think it'd be super fun.

Addictive, Sunrizer, Nave, Novation Launchkey, and Camel Alchemy, are all cool as well. Really really dig Alchemy. I've also discovered Aturia's as well. They have a sweeeeeet Oberheim one call iSEM. And of course iPolysix and iMS-20 that you mentioned.

• Members

Thanks... have an interview Friday, and got confirmation today that I was submitted to another position. Jax doesn't have the best market in the world for people with my background to easily fit in. I've been debating going the consultation route.... just not so sure about being able to get clients.

As for the 12... yeah I've played the Danelectro, and at least it has a playable neck (unlike a Rickenbacker which is too thin even for my skinny fingers).... but God it's hideous.

The other day I went to one of the local shops and played about 4 acoustic 12s. There's just something about them that speaks to me when I play them.... so yeah have to decide acoustic vs electric. Obviously you get a fair amount of both with The Church.

• Members
I'm only using two pedals right now; Nova Delay and Nova Drive into a ZT Lunchbox.

MtRRab7.jpg

I play pretty much only in Church now (but that I do very often), and mostly for grown-ups, so don't get much chance to use fuzz and wah and POG and the other pitch-shifting stuff I love. Just sits on the shelf.

I still own most of the gear I used to have, but it only amounts to ~20 peices. Lots of dirt and a little of the other stuff. Still looking for a compressor and reverb to love. Reverb is the easy one (I only use it as a special effect, not part of my main sound), just haven't gotten around to it. Compressor is the tricky bit. I pretty much have come to terms with the fact that I kinda hate Ross/Dyna-style boxes unless I want "that" sound. I love the digital compressors in a lot of the multi-effects units (Line6 is great, and I do like the comp in my Nova System as well), but I just want one pedal that gives me that ultra clean, transparent comp.

But I'm getting along just fine without it too.

I am very excited about playing bass these days, however. Bass is a wonderful instrument. It's so simple and pure and fundamental that I feel like I'm sort of free to simply explore musical ideas without thinking too much about tone and gear -- just me and the instrument and the music. Bass is great. Guitar feels so putzy by comparison. Also, TalkBass is one of the best musical communities on the Internet. It's like HC was in the heyday.

LOve the ZT Lunchbox! I've used one for quite a few blues jams and it's been amazing :)

d7454d5621276df3a1f767afced869f8.thumb.jpg.7133eb5a9265726e8238d9be090871c3.jpg

Archived