New DigiTech Polara Reverb Pedal

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

High voltage. Which to me means hifi mids and dynamics. They then go on to say 9v operation - I know the voltage is goosed internally but they don't bother specifying the voltage or even clarifying the issue.I remember experiencing corksniffer discomfort over this when I first got my Hardwire Distorto.

• Members
High voltage. Which to me means hifi mids and dynamics. They then go on to say 9v operation - I know the voltage is goosed internally but they don't bother specifying the voltage or even clarifying the issue.I remember experiencing corksniffer discomfort over this when I first got my Hardwire Distorto.

the high voltage/dynamics is bottlenecked differently for digital effects. whatever digital hardware they're using (which will most likely be running at 3.3v) and how they're using it will be determining the dynamics and fidelity, rather than voltage.

• Members

the high voltage/dynamics is bottlenecked differently for digital effects. whatever digital hardware they're using (which will most likely be running at 3.3v) and how they're using it will be determining the dynamics and fidelity, rather than voltage.

That's even funnier. At least my SC2 disto is analog. What could "high voltage" possibly mean on the Polara?

• Members

That's even funnier. At least my SC2 disto is analog. What could "high voltage" possibly mean on the Polara?

Dry signal headroom, possibly, since that doesn't necessarily have to go through the 3.3v digital converters.

• Members
Kind of fugly. I'm not really getting what's different between this and their other verbs.

New Halo mode

New footswitch

Exposed tails switch

Smaller size

gen2 stomplock

If you are asking why you should get this instead of an RV-7, it comes down to size and availability. The old-style HardWire chassis will no longer be made.

• Members

But you must be aware that guitarists are fickle, narcissistic divas with inflated estimations of the validity of their opinions. They are also usually broke.

For what it's worth, this is also why I can be sure that I am, in fact, a guitarist.

Archived