All the new EHX pedals....

melx

• Members

I've just been watching all the demos of all the new EHX pedals.... what you got and how do you like it?

also, thinking about getting a Harley Benton LP goldtop with P90's to bring teh rock on the cheapz from Thomann, it's less than £100 and the headstock shape is nicer than an epiphone. .... looks pretty nice for the money... and would be pretty sweet with a few electrical upgrades I'd imagine.... anyone bought a HB LP or any other HB guitar?

I've just been watching all the demos of all the new EHX pedals.... what you got and how do you like it?

I guess it depends on "how new" we're talking here; I've reviewed quite a few "new" EHX pedals over the past year or so, including the Soul Food, East River Drive, Glove, Deluxe Big Muff Pi, Satisfaction Fuzz, EHX Tortion, B9 Organ Machine... There's not a lemon in the bunch, but if you want my more in-depth thoughts, feel free to click the links and check out the reviews. :)

also, thinking about getting a Harley Benton LP goldtop with P90's to bring teh rock on the cheapz from Thomann, it's less than £100 and the headstock shape is nicer than an epiphone. .... looks pretty nice for the money... and would be pretty sweet with a few electrical upgrades I'd imagine.... anyone bought a HB LP or any other HB guitar?

No, they don't sell those stateside, although we might be able to order them from Thomann if we're willing to eat the shipping costs... looks like a lot of guitar for a very low price.

• Members
Satisfaction Fuzz was the right price point and feature set for me. Tried the Soul Food and was not impressed.

In the bottom row of my photo I liked the OD Glove the best, especially after I opened it up and set the internal switch for 18V operation, I felt the Satisfaction Fuzz was a "one trick pony" but it does nail "that sound" well...if you like "that sound".

• Members

East River Drive, if you want my more in-depth thoughts, feel free to click the links and check out the reviews. :)

Great review!

I haven't spent much time with this pedal yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it out on my '68 SF VibroChamp, which has been sitting with my repair guy for over 2 years now. Hopefully I will get that back soon :facepalm:

The East River, the 8 Step Sequencer, and the Germanium 4 OD are the only new EHX pedals I've purchased in the last few years (except the Clockworks, which isn't a pedal.)

EHX have been releasing so much dirt lately, they are beginning to rival Devi Ever.

• Members
That Organ Machine looks ridiculous. I would have absolutely no practical use for that' date=' but I still want one.[/quote'] My landlord bought one, then returned it. He said that the volumes are not consistent from preset to preset. Since the B9 has dry and effect volume knobs, that problem could have been fixed if the mode knob had saved the settings. I wonder why they didn't include that?

• Members
Shazam! That looks swank. Basswood does not deter me in the least. Have you played one yet?

fetch?id=31297068&type=full

no not yet mate, it's a mail order job from Germany but I've been pretty impressed with the Harley Benton stuff generally.. it's cheap obviously but perfectly usable and great value, at the end of the day it's just for me to play along with social distortion records at home, or at the most playing punk rock in a pub. lol.

I'd imagine they are made in the same factories as 'vintage' and brands like that and the vintage SG I had for a while was as good as a mid-range Epi. ... I'll probably go for it in the new year, I'll let you all know what I think of it. :D

• Members

I guess it depends on "how new" we're talking here; I've reviewed quite a few "new" EHX pedals over the past year or so, including the Soul Food, East River Drive, Glove, Deluxe Big Muff Pi, Satisfaction Fuzz, EHX Tortion, B9 Organ Machine... There's not a lemon in the bunch, but if you want my more in-depth thoughts, feel free to click the links and check out the reviews. :)

No, they don't sell those stateside, although we might be able to order them from Thomann if we're willing to eat the shipping costs... looks like a lot of guitar for a very low price.

Cheers Phil, new to me in um..... probably the last thing I looked at properly was the tone tattoo and that bunch of stuff around then .. they've been churning a load of pedals out since then I see.I'm more interested in the wacky stuff really, I defo don't need more OD's or Fuzzes. :D

Archived