Pedal switching with MIDI control...

kidofthecorn

• Members

So here´s the thing. I just had mi Musicomlab EFXIII+ fail on me and I have to send it in (OMG!) for repair.. but in the end I lost the confidence in this product to gig with.. I have been running around the options according budget limitations and I wanted some feedback...

So there is the Decibel11 SwitchDR, which is nice and can send PM and CC over MIDI, besides the 4 loops. This would work, but I really would like more loops... the option would be a loop expander which would deliver 4 more loops. This should perfect-o for what I need, but it's not that cheap (300+190=490) and it would take some serious pedalboard real state.

The other option I think I have - and this is the one I need more feedback on - going for the Rocktron Patchmate floor (I now it got really bad rep online) plus a small Midi controller (like Midi Mouse or similar). With this arrangement, I could control via MIDI the patchmate plus mi MIDI pedals (namely a TimeFactor and a H9), plus I could still have all 8 loops on instant access. It sounds great if the midi controller is able to sen both PM and CC, but I'm not sure is any smaller than the previous arrangement. Pricewise is very similar (360+100=460)

So... what say you?

• Members

So just as an update, I decided to actually send the faulty unit to Musicomlab for repair and go tap dancing for a while.... of course this means using less pedals and arrange some songs to be simpler. But, I feel is for the best... trying to do to much in some songs...

Any way, in the gear side of the story, I also check some other interesting gear to serve the Midi+pedal switching... namely Disaster Area stuff, BuzzElectronics (from UK) and the infamous but surprisingly versatile Joyo PLX8 Live... this little fella is the best bag for the buck... really at 200 bucks (free shipping) is a no brainer.

Also came to my attention the Musicomlab EFX Lite 6M, which is a stripped down version of the main product, with just 6 loops and Midi capable to communicate up to two devices (on different channels that is) with both PC and CC. At 300 bucks plus shipping, it is a very interesting option to its big brother and is smaller in size.

Archived