EXH Turnip Greens

plaidbeer

If it was a Soul Food/Memory Boy in one box, yeah, maybe.

That would be interesting too.

I think the cool feature about the Turnip Greens is the fact they put an effects loop into it. That allows you to patch other things (like a Small Stone or Memory Man) in between the dirt and verb. While dirt and verb are two of the most popular effects used by guitarists, I personally tend to use other things too, and without that effects loop, the Turnip Greens would be much more limited IMO.

• Members

"i just don't get why someone wouldn't just buy the two pedals separately, unless of course the combo is much cheaper."

I guess so you just have to pick up one pedal, your guitar and amp and go.

But then, just about every player is going to have a tuner. So if you're going to be carrying multiple pedals and a power supply you might as well have them separate and put them on a board, yeah.

I have not heard what the price on the Turnip Greens is going to be, so I'm not sure if it would be cheaper than the two individual pedals or not, but that's certainly an interesting point - why not just run the two individual pedals? Unless, as RadioSilence suggested, those are the main two effects you prefer using. Then again, even if you wanted to use delay and a phaser with them, you can patch them in with the loop... so for a small / compact and simplified rig / board, it might make a lot of sense.

Archived