The HCEF spam thread - your opinions sought...

Phil O'Keefe

Obviously I have been remiss in updating it lately. My apologies. :o But part of the reason for that has been the relative lack of activity on it; indeed, I see a lot more people posting to the HC Classifieds. It would seem to me that the Classifieds have largely, if not entirely done away with the need for a HCFX spam thread... just take a look at the relative number of posts in the HCEF spam thread vs the Effects for sale section of the Classifieds, and their frequency...

So what I'm proposing is this... instead of a dedicated spam thread, I'll rewrite the rules post and put a link to the HC Classifieds in there, and place that as a sticked thread at the top of the forum. That way everyone has a readily-found link right to the effects classifieds, and they can post their FS / WTB stuff in there, and we'll largely retire the the redundant spam thread.

For the sake of builders who want to inform the community about their new products, they can either send me a press release at news-at-harmonycentral.com (remove the dashes and at, use an @ sign) and I'll post it in the HC News section of the site (on the front page), and/or they can post their product and promotion announcements in the spam thread. Same rules as always for the builders - no flooding the thread, spamming outside the thread, etc.

Thoughts / comments / alternative suggestions?

• Members

Good proposal.

Stickied spam threads in other subforums are also not really active, so you can set a good example here Phil

On a side note, I suggest to do away the stickied "Cool/Useful Links"

This thread still gets views (perhaps from new members) , but none of the links work (I didn't check just now)

Anyway, it's also a bit outdated

• Members

Sad day. I remember when the HCFX spam thread was something I checked everyday. Got alot of cool pedals and great deals through it. Sorry to see it go, but I see that there probably isn't a need for it anymore. Man, you guys really torched this place and salted the earth.

Archived