New Fenders

Phil O'Keefe

• Members
Did you see the new shortscale bass? The Modern Player Rascal Bass? I love the color (classic custom colors like Ocean Turquoise rule!), and the body shape, but I'm not as fond of the Coronado-shaped headstock, or the pickup angles...

fetch?id=31244424

Man I gotta say I like pretty much all of this. I feel like that pickup angle on the bridge pup will give more definition to the low strings.

Man I gotta say I like pretty much all of this. I feel like that pickup angle on the bridge pup will give more definition to the low strings.

I think you're right Travis, it's probably a better idea from a functional / sonic standpoint, it's just that years of Strat conditioning have given me a preference for the bridge pup to be angled the opposite direction. :)

Bound necks always class an instrument up whether they are bolt on or not.

Absolutely - I love bound necks. I was really surprised when the Squier Bass VI was released with a bound neck. They are definitely more work to build, and I wasn't expecting to see something like that on a budget model. It's nice to see Fender using them on more of their current models.

Archived