NPD: delay content :)

t_e_l_e

• Members

sdd3000 pedal arrived today. one day to late cause we had rehearsal yesterday, so i need to wait some couple of days until i can try it out with a tube amp and stereo..

but i guess i need to read the manual first anyhow :)

last time i bought a delay it came in this box:

fetch?id=31238473

and inside was this:

fetch?id=31238474

this time the box was much smaller and only bubble wrap, but the inside is much bigger :)

see attached pictures below

5a244a4df8c52a2ce94ff8d00246c879.thumb.jpg.20dd29d4baddb4a2ec99661f5c91699d.jpg

fa6044f33cdbdd6a59f27a7b20de3395.thumb.jpg.ea98f5b4b95f50791762b808424f9708.jpg

36fb5ced5504e64146bdf42f6db4d8e5.thumb.jpg.0d57aa77fb6a9c765b1fed082f12e701.jpg

• Members
Would love to hear a demo - without U2 riffs!

hmm without u2 riffs, this will be hard :)

i was just able to plug it into my line6 spider II 15 at very low volume for a short time before reading the manual.

this thing really will need some time for setup and learning, so be patient there will be most likely no clips or what ever after my first rehearsal visit

• Members

Congrats tele, I think this may be the digital delay I've been putting off so many years, gonna have to give one a foot job soon, and yep the demos sound convincing, let us know what were in for after a few twists' of the knobbies.. On a side "delayed" note I just acquired the Moog MiniFooger MF Delay, and have hardly scratched the surface as far as the drive knob option is concerned hope to get back at all ya all's asap w/ some info and what not. Yeah I know it's another analog delay BFD huh, but I've owned quite a few through the years and this unit has exceptional quality in the repeats and the drive option should yield some interesting explorations'...

• Members

so i had some time yesterday.

but first i needed to dial in the knobs on the amps to get a nice stereo sound, which if first time stereo, is a challenge on its own and still needs some improvement

then i went through all the "presets", which took some time with 80 presets. i call it "preset" cause there is no list what is there, you can just go through an guess whats there, you see delay time and which type with one look, but which modulation setting and which repeats or etc either you hear it or you need to turn the knobs, by turning the knob if you come by by the saved value there is some light indicator, i need to read the manual again.

hearing the difference between some of the presets was difficult, cause its new and i don't know this thing, lots of features and stuff. again learning curve is high

the good sides:

yes it sound great, but you need to create your own presets

storing presets is easy

dialing the time in ms makes life much easier

i need to play with it more, find some presets for existing songs of our band with delay...

and i think it will take some time, until i can use it creatively for creating new sound and songs

Archived