OT: McCartney at Candlestick

• Members

Was just... holy sheet. The set list had a few variations from what he's been normally touring with, but still pretty similar. Fireworks and balls of flame oh my. If you have a chance to see him, do it, but the concert at the Stick was just fantastic.

Last event before they demolish it, also the very last venue at which the Beatles played a concert. He started off Long Tall Sally with by saying this was the song they ended their last concert with in 1966.

The Beatles tunes were great, but they weren't as good as the Wings stuff. I'm way Beatles >>>> Wings, but the modern sound threw off electric Beatles songs. The man has some serious chops though. They jammed Foxy Lady for a bit and he was shredding.

Good stuff :snax::love::wave:

• Members

The price was a little steep, but for the venue and performance, I didn't have a problem shelling out. He didn't exactly hop around the stage or any antics, but the playing was top notch, very tight. I wasn't around when any of the Beatles or individuals were doing their stuff, so it was great to be able to see at least one of them!

• Members

I got to see him a couple of years ago. It was really late in the fall and it was cold out that night but it was still a good show.

Did he play that tune with the electric Ukulele? I remember that one having a cool beat to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen him live twice - once with Wings, once on the Flowers In The Dirt tour... and he was exceptional both times. Yes, a Macca show can cost some pretty big bucks, but how often do you get to see a living legend who still "has it"? It was well worth the money IMHO.

It's really cool that he was able to do the very last show at Candlestick Park. I'm glad you got to see him Matt, and that it was a good show. :)

• Members

maca reporting in on a macca thread.

Seen him twice, both times killed it. Once at an outdoor musc festival type thing he was headlining in beautiful Halifax a few summers ago and once at the ACC in toronto. The outdoor one was magical. Started with Drive My Car i think and tore it up for almost 3 hours, couple encores, the bagpipe regiment from Halifax came out and did Mull of Kintyre. Love his band too. Drummer is a beast and I like the other two guitar dudes.

Jammed foxy lady as well

Archived