Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOT: Multiple guitar stand

Can any of you recommend a nice one that isn't $300?

Most that I have seen are either flimsy or look like they won't last, but I don't want to spend $300 on one to get a decent one. Although I realize I may have to.

I should say that this should be for around 5 or guitars (1 acoustic).

I have the "Proline" stand. 'bout $80 at GC, I've been happy with mine. Holds 5 electrics easily, might only be room for 3 electrics if you put an acoustic on there.
    This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

"Flimsy" is in the eye of the beholder. The $60 specials (mine hold 7, no idea of brand name) work just fine if you don't expect to check them as luggage / throw them overhand into the van / etc.

Comment

My gal, got me two multiple guitar stands, one holds 5 and the other holds 7. They've held up great over the last 6 years. Bad thing is, they don't work on my Gibson Flying V or my two Randy Rhoads/ Jacksons too well.
        Guns don't kill people .... Fathers with beautiful Daughters do !!!!

Comment

He doesn't want a one night stand!

Comment

I've got a couple of the 5-guitar Warwick RockStands. I think I paid $70 each for them, and they have held up just fine for several years now under studio conditions... I'm not sure how the foam would do on the road, but that's true of anything that uses foam padding...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Oh, and if you do decide to go with one of these, get the 7-guitar model so you can have a bit of extra space for the acoustic. I can get four electrics plus an acoustic on to one of my stands, but it's a really tight fit. It's easier with an extra space left unused.
              Last edited by Phil O'Keefe; 08-11-2014, 11:47 AM.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                Oh, and if you do decide to go with one of these, get the 7-guitar model so you can have a bit of extra space for the acoustic. I can get four electrics plus an acoustic on to one of my stands, but it's a really tight fit. It's easier with an extra space left unused.
                Absolutely; I got a cheap one off ebay (like $45) and it's worked fine at my office for a few years now. So glad I picked up the 7 instead of 5, it's wayyy more versatile.

Comment

Sell your extra guitars to finance one of the expensive multiple stands.

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
                    Sell your extra guitars to finance one of the expensive multiple stands.
                    What is this "extra guitar" you speak of?

Comment

- George Carlin

Comment

PSA; Always remove the cord from the instrument before putting it in/on the stand...
                        Last edited by riff ie; 08-14-2014, 09:04 PM. Reason: Don't get headstock'd...
                        changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

I really like these flightcase foldup ones. They're about $100 each and hold 7 guitars each:

Comment

yeah, those are nice. i like that room bg76

Comment

thanks man!

the other thing is forget the stands and just make a pile

Last edited by BG76; 08-21-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X