Johnny Marr Jaguar in Sherwood green?

Preacher

• Members

I just found this - sorry if it's already been posted but google search didn't turn anything up.

I clicked through a link on Staytrem's site to Johnny Marr's site, http://www.johnnymarrplaysguitar.com/

On the right side of the front page there's a post linked to a tweet he sent out with following picture and the caption to the link is "Due out in September or October 2014"

So...

BnCbUyeCIAEL6_-.jpg:large

I'm not sure if that's Sherwood or not - it kind of looks like candy apple green - which just might be the cooler color. IMHO. YMMV ETC ETC

Either way, that would be a very nice addition to the two currently offered colors. philthumb

I love a lot of things about the Johnny Marr Jaguar, and would incorporate some of them on my own version of the ultimate Jag, but I'd definitely want a thinner neck as opposed to Johnny's slightly larger one. If it was offered with a thinner neck option, I probably would have already bought one. They're very cool guitars!

• Members

Yeah, when I was searching to see if this had already been posted over here I came across the Offset Guitar's thread - reminded me a little of how this place used to be too. Anyway, some great pictures of Sherwood offsets in there.

Phil, to be honest I thought of you when I heard about a Sherwood green jag very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'> ; have you played the existing Johnny Marr sigs?

Yeah' date=' when I was searching to see if this had already been posted over here I came across the Offset Guitar's thread - reminded me a little of how this place used to be too. Anyway, some great pictures of Sherwood offsets in there.

Phil, to be honest I thought of you when I heard about a Sherwood green jag very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'> ; have you played the existing Johnny Marr sigs?

Yeah, I have. They're really nice, and I love the overall feature set - it's really obvious that he put a lot of thought into what he wanted to have on his signature guitar, but the neck is just a tad too portly for my preferences.

But you know me - I'm all for Fender putting out more green guitars! :D

From the OSG thread, most folks were thinking Sherwood because that was one of the colors that Fender gave him and he's been using it pretty extensively.

1947969_655343501192940_3244686241028901130_n.jpg

d7e8c6145fac750cb14fbfeeabba6ed4_zpseaaac3b1.jpg

Now THAT'S definitely Sherwood! :) And yes, it makes sense that if they're going to add a color to the line, they'd go with what he prefers / uses.

Maybe it was just the angle, and the lighting, but the first image looked more like candy green. :idk:

• Members

Yeah, I have. They're really nice, and I love the overall feature set - it's really obvious that he put a lot of thought into what he wanted to have on his signature guitar, but the neck is just a tad too portly for my preferences.

But you know me - I'm all for Fender putting out more green guitars! :D

Cool, agreed on both counts as chunkier necks cramp my hand up. sm-wildman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh man, bummer. :( Good luck getting one used...

What the hell. Just put down a deposit for one of these. Now I just need to figure out what to sell to offset some/most of the final cost. smiley-surprised

Wow, killer! Looking forward to hearing about it! :thu:

• Members

I see what you did there

Enjoy it! It's an amazing guitar. I seriously considered selling my KO to get the Sherwood.

I wish I could say that was intentional. But sadly, I'm not usually that clever.

Thanks. It's a guitar I've been intersted in buying pertty much since it came out. Glad I was able to track down a place that hadn't sold out its pre-orders yet (they only had 2). I love the color. Really looking forward to playing it. Of course, now I just have to wait.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, it finally arrived, and my first impressions are this is a really nice guitar. Sounds great. Looks great. Only thing that caught me a bit off guard is just how low the output of the pickups is compared to my other guitars. But as I said, it sounds great.

e052b6cc654e40a433ad227e80b1baed.thumb.jpg.9ff549e814e305f39028804f5bb76f6f.jpg

4e42b77774e43e58b66fe0eed661eac1.thumb.jpg.99666b3e9d2f3cf89eb18569d7c0c4fc.jpg

Archived