starting my tone quest

mbengs1

• Members

Is it wise to start a tone quest ? like ending up buying gear you don't totally need but is cool to have. I might regret buying too much gear in the future. I want to buy gear just to see how it will affect my creative atmosphere and to check out new tones.

I want to buy gear just to see how it will affect my creative atmosphere and to check out new tones.

Having new gear around can be very inspirational, so I imagine you may find it has some positive influences on the creative atmosphere. It's also a great way to get new tones.

As long as you don't overspend, or exceed what you can afford, why not explore some new things? :)

• Members

Tonal Nirvana is a journey, never a destination. You can start anytime and be inspired during valleys / lulls of proficiency. Buy used as mentioned above. I would recommend that you are playing cleanly before getting a gadget / pedal that you possibly could hide behind and hinder your progress playing. Something full of fun in a single package is the DigiTech EX7 pedal. It got super reviews when it first came out. Have fun M

• Members

Thanks I already have the digitech ex-7 and its one of my favorite pedals. all the effects sound like the real ones. actually i have not tried most of the actual pedals it simulates but they sound great thats all i know.

• Members

That EX7 has switchable stereo outputs (mixer / amp). The Factory married overdrive / distortions can easily be relocated to different modes. for ideas, this sleeper has been inspirational when valleys occur, although it is not on my board. It serves me well.

Archived