Again....Been Awhile, NPD x3, 3x Chinese Invasion!!!

richey888

• Members

Howdy HC! I have been scouring this forum, but have not been able to glean what the consensus is regarding Joyo, Eno and the like. I have recently received in no particular order: Joyo Vintage Phase, AC Tone. Eno Trouble OD, and EH Soul Food. Loving them all, especially the AC Tone and the Eno OCD clone. Gotta say I am impressed with the build quality and sounds I'm getting. Street price for the Soul Food, liking it best with the gain below noon. In front of it on my board I have the Eno, and WOW this ped is knocking me out. I had not considered an OCD for years having had a less than stellar experience with (no idea what version) the Fulltone, but the Eno ROCKS! Great sounds at all points on the dial.

Joyo Vintage Phase does what it is supposed to do, nice and chewy, no tone loss when bypassed, but what really gets me going is the AC Tone! Straight in, or thru an amp, this baby is really cool for $34, kinda noisy on the higher gain settings, but put the Eno (or any dirt) in front and keep the drive low, volume up and dial the style or whatever that middle knob on the bottom row is and BAM! Actually considering trying it at a gig sans amp.

If I am upsetting folks by praising the Chinese clones, my sincere apologies, but they fit my budget and I really like the sounds. Not to detract from the US builders, all solid companies, but I am poor these days and it's a way for me to get to have new toyz......ROCK ON HC!!

Archived