New Korg SDD-3000.... (pedal)

HC News

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

today i realized there are sound demos on soundcloud, accessable via the korg product page

yeah especially the u2 ones are kinda sloppy but the rest....

ohoh i see my 400euros already gone :)

(some german webshop has it already on pre-order, slightly below 400euro, if it is really 400$, i might order overseas)

• Members

It's funny how Edge's use of that original product caused the market for used SDD3000s to skyrocket. But who's really using delay as an element of their playing like Edge does? U2 tribute bands? Anyway this pedal looks really tempting, and way cheaper than the vintage rack mount units.

• Members
It's funny how Edge's use of that original product caused the market for used SDD3000s to skyrocket. But who's really using delay as an element of their playing like Edge does? U2 tribute bands? Anyway this pedal looks really tempting' date=' and way cheaper than the vintage rack mount units. [/quote']

just did an ebay research, the last working sdd-3000 went between $450 and $800, now there is a none working unit there for around $500...

but the times when the went for $1500 and much more seem to be over...

i think its handy to set the exact delay time, it does have sounds others don't...

i know the boss dd-20 also can set exact delay times but i was never a fan of this unit

$400 is a lot of money for a "pedal", on the other hand i haven't bought any delay pedal since i got my DMM xo years ago :)

• Members
$400 for a delay pedal?

Is it expensive? Yes. Is the price unheard of? No. There are several other delay pedals that cost as much or more than the Korg. That doesn't mean it's worth $400. That remains to be seen. Just that it's not an outlandish price in the world of delays.

$400 for a delay pedal?

It is essentially a discontinued rackmount delay rehoused in a pedal format... and the used racks go for twice what they're asking for the pedal.

Not to mention that there are a lot of delays that cost as much as this one... the Eventide Timefactor, Empress Superdelay, Pigtronix Echolution, Strymon TimeLine... all of them are in that same basic price range. And when it comes to rack stuff, the prices can go significantly higher...

As mirrorball said, the jury's still out until we can see, try, and listen to one, but the price is certainly not unheard-of for a high-end delay pedal.

Archived