First post in quite some time... need some help with wiring!

• Members

Jesus this forum looks different than the last time I posted... but I'm sure that's been talked about quite a bit so on to the question at hand.

I'm in the middle of designing/building my own board and one of the things I'm going to do is wire up my own true bypass strip the way I want it. One of the things that I want to do is have every pedal in its own individual loop but have the last 4 loops on the board be all part of one loop, we'll call this the loops within a loop, or the Inceptiloop if you will. I want to do this so that I can put my verb/delay pedals in their own loops and be able to turn them on and off individually but also kill them all at once with one switch if I want to.

My problem here is that within these last 4 pedals my board goes from mono to stereo (via the Flint). If this weren't the case I'd be able to do all of this with normal 3pdt switches no problem and wouldn't even be asking, but as it were I'm not sure how to go about accomplishing this. The last pedal on the board will be the Flint but when the big loop containing the Flint is switched off I still need the board to output as stereo (or dual mono I guess). Basically, I'm wondering if you can wire a 3pdt switch to have one input, one send, two returns, and two outputs or does this require a different kind of switch. I attached a picture that illustrates it a bit... Also, is there any signal loss to be had from passively splitting the signal into dual mono whenever the Flint is bypassed, I will have a buffer earlier in the chain before the split and a buffer for each output of the board directly before the long runs to the amps.

bc95917c254ef806f020cb9fcfe37b8e.thumb.jpg.023fba8c051f054ad263888d1f5505ea.jpg

• Members

If you want an LED, you'll need a 4PDT to make it work. You can get these at Small Bear and some other places.

For the splitting, check out the splitting part of this ROG splitter/blender

http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html

If your splitter looks like that, you'll be good.

Now, here is a wiring diagram I think should work for your problem. Top is schematic, bottom is wiring diagram. The in, send and two returns are normal, but then have each out go to the non-inverting side of each opamp in the splitter.

BC0F4440-5772-4604-A90D-638C500A8775_zpsk2et068b.jpg

That when when bypassed, the input goes right to the buffer like in ROG. When thrown, the in goes to the send. The stereofying is done by the pedals, inputs come in already separated and into the buffers.

(You can use two input caps in each output instead of the single one used on the ROG schematic.)

• Members

That's so awesome man, thank you so much... I'm a bit out of my league with the ROG, say I used a 4pdt for the switch for the Flint would it work as basically mono in/stereo (wet) out while engaged and mono in/dual mono (dry) out while bypassed? Just using the two poles to passively split the signals into two outputs whenever it's bypassed? And on the same note would the outer loop switch work pretty much the same way with it being mono in (from the rest of the board) with either stereo (flint engaged) or dual mono (flint bypassed) return and output? I was planning on just getting two analogman buffers and putting them on both of the outputs after the outer loop and just going from there to the amps.

• Members

Uh oh, you've lost me.

If I remember my HC lore - you are in some kind of band, probably making tons of money. In which case, you probably don't mind spending $180 on two buffers. Since you're making your own strip, it would be very simple to add in your own buffers for a few bucks and good circuits to jump into the hobby. I can provide more information if you want.

Anyway, back to the confusion. I think this is what you're asking?

0367251A-7701-43D7-8F39-5D9451A99996_zps1iuplvn5.jpg

• Members
I am in a band' date=' not the one I was in [b']so many years ago… but now I work 40-50 hours a week and can afford all of these things I used to pine over[/b] smiley-wink

And yes, your sketch is exactly what I'm asking, does that work?

Similar to all the grey haired guys driving Porsche.

Archived