Has anyone tried the Fender Runaway Feedback pedal?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've owned a Fender Runaway pedal for a couple of years now.

The Runaway is basically an eBow in the form of a pedal. Unlike the eBow, which you hold up with your picking hand near the strings to electromagnetically drive them, the Runaway produces a sustaining eBow-like feedback signal derived from the input signal of your guitar.

I'd have to say that the Runaway is a pedal that some people (i.e. -- novices) probably wouldn't understand if they were to test drive one, because the Runaway will not deliver immediate results like plugging in a distortion, flanger, phasor, or other pedal. You have to work quite a bit with your playing and the pedal controls to get the desired effect that you want. Expect an hour or so of trial and error learning before you get how to operate this pedal to your satisfaction. Also, different guitars generally act a fair amount differently with the Runaway.

Experiment with were to place the pedal or how it sounds : pre or post distortion, pre or post EQ .... :)

The Runaway is one of those pedals that is only going to work as your first pedal.

Archived