X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedal dilemma...

Hello all. It's been a long time since I've posted in here so let me preface this post. For years, I've been using a TC Nova System. That thing has been rock solid through well over 300 shows. I also have an M9 with an expression pedal. Both great pedals. I recently just got an Eleven Rack and it has me quite floored with not only the amp-modeling sounds but with the built-in effects as well.

Here's my dilemma.

I'm not sure if it's more feasible to keep the Nova System or to sell/exchange it for a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro for the Eleven Rack.
    Before anyone starts saying to "individual stompboxes/real amps or GTFO" or something like that, please don't. I really love modeling and multi-fx for all of its options and increasing quality.

The Eleven Rack doesn't have any pitch fx BUT the M9 does. Both the 11R and Nova have drives, comps, modulations, delays, and reverb. The 11R doesn't have a boost but I can configure an eq as a boost function for soloing and such. All of these can be controlled through MIDI. The Nova is pretty handy on dark stages. I can just as easily add glow in the dark markings on to the ground control.

Having both is not a financial option as I'd have to sell the Nova for the ground control pro.
    I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have in regard to this situation.

Thanks
    Last edited by ghost219; 06-29-2014, 01:53 AM.
    pedals:http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t...zvargas/TC.jpg

bump...

Comment

Compared to individual pedals, the M9 sucks.
      WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

Hey my rack goes to ELEVEN!

Pedals smedals... 99% of the people in the crowd can't tell the difference and most of the 1% couldn't tell the difference in a side by side comparison with similar pedals. I know you gig a lot so multi-fx and racks are the way to go IMHO, etc.

It really sounds like you just need someone to cosign on trading in the Nova. I say trade it in and get a ground control pro. Do you use a lot of pitch fx? I think the m9 can cover it mostly. You've had the Nova a long time so time for a change... Besides if you don't like it you can always switch things again. The world won't end either way. It's always good to change things up.

Go big or go home.

PS - No one really comes here anymore and I only stopped because I saw your username.

Comment

Originally posted by BHz_econo View Post
          Hey my rack goes to ELEVEN!

Pedals smedals... 99% of the people in the crowd can't tell the difference and most of the 1% couldn't tell the difference in a side by side comparison with similar pedals. I know you gig a lot so multi-fx and racks are the way to go IMHO, etc.

It really sounds like you just need someone to cosign on trading in the Nova. I say trade it in and get a ground control pro. Do you use a lot of pitch fx? I think the m9 can cover it mostly. You've had the Nova a long time so time for a change... Besides if you don't like it you can always switch things again. The world won't end either way. It's always good to change things up.

Go big or go home.

PS - No one really comes here anymore and I only stopped because I saw your username.

EXACTLY. Thanks, old friend. I don't use a lot of pitch fx but it's always nice to have it on hand.

I was curious about getting some insight. You're right though. Seems to be the same kind of crowd, just more sparse.

Comment

I have looked into the Eleven Rack. I like the whole idea of it. Problem is that I am using Cubase and it sounds like that it is totally geared to ProTools. I also have been looking at the new Zoom G5. It is a good price and it is compatible with Cubase. I wanted something in a rack so I can put it in my desk. The floor system also makes sense if I need to punch in and out pedals while playing.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Mesa Boogie Road King II
            Carvin 2x12 cab
            Egnater Rebel 30 Combo
            Fender FSR Standard Black
            Schecter Hellraiser Black Cherry
            Ibanez RG570 Blue
            Ibanez AR200 Red Wine
            Gretsch G5120 Orange
            Hofner Shorty White
            Musket > Morley Bad Horsie > DynaComp > FullDrive 2 > BBE Green Screamer > EH POG2 > Ernie Ball Volume > Amp
            Loop EFX: Line 6 M9

Comment

It sounds like the Eleven Rack and M9 running together will give you what you want... I'd recommend you sell the Nova and get the Ground Control and then you should be good to go.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
              X