It's official - the new EHX B9 Organ Machine

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the press release with more info....

ELECTRO-HARMONIX UNVEILS THE B9 ORGAN MACHINE.

—Pioneering new pedal transforms the sound of guitar or

keyboard into a classic electric organ.—

EHX HQ, New York, NY, June 18, 2014–With nine finely-tuned presets emulating the legendary organs of the ‘60s and beyond, the B9 Organ Machine delivers definitive tonewheel and combo organ sounds.

The B9’s layout is straight forward and intuitive. A nine-position switch allows the player to select among different popular organ types. The Organ volume knob controls the overall volume of the Organ preset while Dry volume controls the volume of the untreated instrument level at the Organ Output jack. This enables a player to mix the sound of their original instrument with the organ to create lush layers, or mute it entirely.

A Mod control adjusts the modulation speed. The type of modulation provided is contingent on the preset and matched to it. A Click control was designed to simulate the harmonic percussion effect that is a sonic signature of many classic organs. For maximum authenticity, the click is added to the very first note or chord played and only retriggers when current notes have been released and their amplitude falls below a threshold.

With the B9 Organ Machine, EHX’s goal was to create an affordable, rugged and easy to use pedal that would put undeniable organ sound at a musician’s fingertips. Check out the http://www.ehx.com/b9 demo to hear it for yourself. The new B9 Organ Machine comes standard with an EHX 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter and carries a U.S. list price of $293.73.

fetch?id=31184334

• Members
Bet it sounds good cuddled up to a Superego. As always' date=' I want to hear what pedals like this do to a bass and a drum machine.[/quote'] I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I was hoping for a built in freeze function. If it had that feature it would have replaced my superego, but for the price of this plus the SE one could simply get a hog (which I already have). That said, I won't be purchasing this. Cool pedal though.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually' date=' I was hoping for a built in freeze function. If it had that feature it would have replaced my superego, but for the price of this plus the SE one could simply get a hog (which I already have). That said, I won't be purchasing this. Cool pedal though.[/quote']

I've never heard anyone get as close to "real" organ sounds with a HOG as I'm hearing with the B9...

I do agree that it would be very interesting to try the B9 with a SuperEgo though. :)

[video=youtube;slrQ-cW7IfU]

I think it's awesome, but now I want something that will sound like this.

You need a good guitar to MIDI interface and some synths for that. Maybe take a look at the Fishman TriplePlay and grab some drum and softsynth virtual instruments from KVR. :)

• Members
I've never heard anyone get as close to "real" organ sounds with a HOG as I'm hearing with the B9...)
I agree, it does sound pretty great, especially with the modulation and percussion controls. Should've mentioned that. No, the hog doesn't nail any of the organ sounds that the B9 does, but it's close enough for me. (Plus I have a midi controller with decent software for when I really need that sound.) This pedal looks perfect for making your guitar sound like an organ. Like I said, if it had a freeze function I'd be looking to order/preorder right now. I just have enough current tools to make me not need this is all.

• Members

Color me interested. :) What features would you want it to have?

To be honest I"m sure the guys at EHX would come up with something way better than I could think of, but if I could draw up my unrealistic dream synth pedal....I would want it to have bass sounds, an arpeggiator, an eight step sequencer, string sounds, ADSR controls. Filter and resonance controls that can be assigned to an expression pedal. A dry and wet out and a dry and wet mix. I'd like to be able to play an arpeggiated bass pattern into the sequencer. Have that loop and play pads or leads over the top and then play regular guitar over that. I could be totally wrong, but I figure if they have the technology to do polyphonic pitch shifting they could use that to track to a synth engine.

• Members

You need a good guitar to MIDI interface and some synths for that. Maybe take a look at the Fishman TriplePlay and grab some drum and softsynth virtual instruments from KVR. :)

As soon as my check from the law offices of Poor, Broke, and No Cash comes in.

• Members

It's got individual level controls for both guitar and organ, which IMO is even better than a single blend control. YMMV.

Do they both come out 1 jack? In the video they showed 2 separate jacks, and mentioned using 2 amps.

• Members

Seems like they did a really good job of it. I am always kind of intrigued by these things but never quite sure if they would fit my playing. Although I imagine that using one in conjunction with some spaced out swell effects and reverb would be pretty neat

Archived