I've been on a rehouse kick recently...

• Members

Rehoused these in B&W, puritan style...

_DSC1770_zpsdea024c3.jpg

Set up a mini board that was actually pretty fun to play and mad me consider downsizing (then after a few moments I realized that's not gonna happen):

_DSC1773_zpsa91e2fce.jpg

• Members

Thanks guys. It was actually pretty easy to do.

1. Order appropriate size enclosures from mammoth

2. Remove guts from pedals (AC jack and/or LED may need to be de-soldered to remove)

3. Measure holes from old enclosure

4. Mark and drill holes in new enclosure

5. Spray new enclosure with several coats of paint

6. Find high-res photo of pedal (I used prymaxes photos - they have highest res and straight on angled photos)

7. Use photoshop to size, re-color and touch up graphic

8. Print graphic on sticker-paper (waterslide decals can be used but I murdered all of mine :) )

9. Place printed sticker carefully on enclosure

10. Spray several coats of clear acrylic over sticker and enclosure

11. Reinstall guts in new enclosure

12. Rawk

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Did up my hog a few days ago. I had to use a different method this time. I politely emailed EHX and asked them for a blank, empty enclosure and their response, as I expected, was no. What I didn't expect, is the tone of their answer. Pretty snooty. Anyhow, pics:

null_zpsd9bfc5f5.jpgnull_zps79dbbeba.jpg

null_zpseb320fa5.jpg

• Members

Thanks guys.

I deleted the email with the response from EHX, but it was very similar to: "No, unfortunately we don't provide parts for you to mod our pedals."

The trick to this one is I had to preserve the original enclosure. So I removed the guts and covered the top part of the enclosure in painters tape, very carefully aligning each piece and stretching it around the edges. Then I used some sticker paper with a PS edited high res photo to cover the painters tape. Cut the holes with an exacto and stuck it on.

I think the results came out OK, but it's not very durable as I don't want to spray any clear coat and risk damaging the original enclosure. I'm considering looking for some specialty clear tape or some clear UV window tint. Haven't really bothered with it recently though.

More to follow...

Archived