Free Eventide plugin... check this out!

If you're into recording, you're definitely going to want to check this out. This is a first-rate plugin that I've been using for several years now. It was formerly only available as part of the Anthology II TDM bundle, but is now available for Native DAWs... and even better, Eventide is offering it for free, but only if you hurry - after July 8, it goes up to $249...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/Forums_General/acapella-57/31179941-free-eventide-plugin

• Members

i don't like it to be called free, when it isn't. by registering there you have to provide some personal data, which in the data mining world of marketeers is very powerfully and valuable.

so for a "free" plugin you give up some of your privacy, which mostly can never be returned to you again.

its not free as of "an unconditional gift", its more quit pro quo, give a little bit take a little bit. altough the price of the given away plugins is really small, compared to the gain of data they collect.

everybody should decide by themselfs, but at least everybody should be aware, that its not free and good way to start this, is not to call such offer "free"

It's "free" in that it's not going to cost you $250, which is what it normally costs... and whether you get it for free via this offer, pay $250 for it, or pay over a thousand to get it as part of the TDM Anthology II bundle (as I did), you'd still have to provide your email and iLok account to them for authorization - which is the only thing you need to provide to them to get the plugin authorization. It's not like they're asking you for a bunch of personal information in exchange for the plugin. :)

Yes, it should work fine in Sonar. iLok isn't exactly universally loved, but once you get the license, it's relatively pain-free and not a resource hog. You don't need the physical dongle for this plugin - you can license the computer instead if you don't own an iLok dongle.

Archived