Okay, who does custom builds?

• Members

I'll have a looksie. Assuming this is for Paperback Writer? smiley-wink

EDIT: Looking at the VOX Beatle amp, it's a simple 500mH inductor in parallel with a few different caps to select the frequency. Could be a cool little unit with treble, bass, and middle boost controls. Transformers can be had for cheap and used as 500mH inductors.

I can work up a schematic and PCB layout/fab for you if you please so you can build it yourself!

• Members

H.R.S&S, do you build time based effect ala, a analog pedal that can go 70's electric mistress, ada flanger, mxr flanger? If that's even possible?

p.s. not to get to ahead of it but would true bypass and a volume pot that goes above unity be asking to much?

p.s. p.s. I'm aware these effects mentioned are timbre specific, yet with technology at this stage of development there must be pots' that taper as so, maybe? tia...

p.s. p.s. p.s., the choralflange I've used for the past decade + gets real close less the clipping and the buffered/true bypass option having difficulty playing nice with all the variables, not asking for something to be to good to be true, but...

No, I actually like it very much... but it's only one part of the equation for some Beatles-type tones. :) There's also the MRB, as well as the onboard distortion... but if you take a look at the onboard distortion, then have a look at a Fuzz Face schematic, you'll notice that they're very, very similar...

• Members
H.R.S&S, do you build time based effect ala, a analog pedal that can go 70's electric mistress, ada flanger, mxr flanger? If that's even possible?

p.s. not to get to ahead of it but would true bypass and a volume pot that goes above unity be asking to much?

p.s. p.s. I'm aware these effects mentioned are timbre specific, yet with technology at this stage of development there must be pots' that taper as so, maybe? tia...

p.s. p.s. p.s., the choralflange I've used for the past decade + gets real close less the clipping and the buffered/true bypass option having difficulty playing nice with all the variables, not asking for something to be to good to be true, but...

I don't do too many custom builds, but I know someone has a project for the Electric Mistress and ADA Flanger, but the costs of the chips are absurd and rare. I don't usually build these large pedals as there's a lot going on and end up costing an arm and a leg, not to mention the debugging time. There are people who have built them, though, and I can try to find their emails if you want to give them at try!

I can look at them again and see, but the analog time based effects are very complex and expensive. I'll get back to you.

• Members

Hey Riffy if you're inclined to build Madbean has an electric mistress board with volume compensation built in. If you use mn3007 parts it can be run at 15v for more headroom. My build has never clipped but I only play single coils so YMMV. If you do decide to build PM me and I'll send a set of chips.

Yup, that's the basic idea - thanks Riffy! The only thing is, I wanted to try to put the three different parts into three different pedals if possible... and I'd rather not have to order from overseas if I can avoid it. Since I already have pedals that do the amp and distortion parts, I just need the MRB... Matthew and I have been talking about it. :)

• Members

I don't do too many custom builds, but I know someone has a project for the Electric Mistress and ADA Flanger, but the costs of the chips are absurd and rare. I don't usually build these large pedals as there's a lot going on and end up costing an arm and a leg, not to mention the debugging time. There are people who have built them, though, and I can try to find their emails if you want to give them at try!

I can look at them again and see, but the analog time based effects are very complex and expensive. I'll get back to you.

Thxalot HRSS, when I find the p.m.'s clicky I'll apologise proper...Is any body out there cloning M117R's w/ tb & a volume pot?

• Members

Yup, that's the basic idea - thanks Riffy! The only thing is, I wanted to try to put the three different parts into three different pedals if possible... and I'd rather not have to order from overseas if I can avoid it. Since I already have pedals that do the amp and distortion parts, I just need the MRB... Matthew and I have been talking about it. :)

Yarp...Can't wait to hear/see, if the two of you decide to work together...

• Members
Hey Riffy if you're inclined to build Madbean has an electric mistress board with volume compensation built in. If you use mn3007 parts it can be run at 15v for more headroom. My build has never clipped but I only play single coils so YMMV. If you do decide to build PM me and I'll send a set of chips.

If it were of necessity, I think I could conjure about a snapperhead or too! But time bending gets trixie and I'm approaching the end of a cellular regeneration process "my lite hazel-green-grey eye is developing amber flecks" so you know how we do...

P.S.

Any chance of a clip @ 15v,"even better can that build go 18V per" with some greasy fuzz on the side, I mostly single coil too, but that hummer comes in handy for the \m/...

• Members

~~I got the pm., but there's no reply clicky, anyways appreciate the headsup & lookin' out for dudes "$", the orig. mistress is a great pedal n' all, but I tend use flanging on lead lines, and the occasional swoosh for the rawk. And after recently taking the Hartman for a spin w/ my gear realized the Electric Mistress is a bit on the lighter side of my romance, and yeah I haven't used batteries in pedal since the 80's, so goodlookin', ''well that's a lie I occasionally starve a fuzz for effect, via battery.'' For me the ideal flanger would be a M117 clone w/ a volume pot that goes way above unity "as when I conjunct w/ the vibe which the volume is nearly dimed I need it to compete" & true bypass... Nor do I have a paypal account, so there's that, perhaps these attempts of mine at grammar can generate some buzz for ya, and catch the ear/eye, of one of the major players in pedaldom to manufacture a readily available flanger as mentioned above,"MXR/ Dunlop wink, hint", as I would imagine they would fly off the shelves...And thanx again for your time / hearing me out...

p.s. that barracuda mk II, may fit the bill, been looking for one on the cheaps, to no avail...

Archived