Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Effects ONLY pedalboard from fractal audio (Maker of axe fx)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Effects ONLY pedalboard from fractal audio (Maker of axe fx)

Well for years it has been rumored that Fractal Audio was working on an effects only pedal board that can be run into a guitar amp. Well today THEY ANNOUNCED IT! It is called the FX8 and here is what Cliff Chase (Owner of Fractal Audio) says about the new unit...

Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot.

He also said...
    Does it channel switch an amplifier?
    Yes.

As well as...
    Is there anything it can do that AXE FX II cannot? Are there any thing new that is not in the axe fx II?

True bypass and relay outputs. Longer Looper time. Other than that it's most of the fx from the Axe-Fx II in a floor package

Here is a pic of the new unit....(Kind of looks like a smaller MFC 101)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx...ming-soon.html
    Last edited by webe123; 06-06-2014, 06:20 PM.

Interesting. Any word on the expected price?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

None as of the moment.....he has not got them into production apparently. That will probably take awhile with the new axe fx XL coming out and peop0le still waiting on a back order of axe fx II's!

Comment

So Line6.
        WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

Ummmm.NO....not quite! It may LOOK like a line 6...but I think this will blow line 6 effects out of the water!

It will also have way more routing and options than line 6 does.
          Last edited by webe123; 06-07-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

These the same guys that make axe body spray?

Comment

Axe spray is called Lynx in GB. I guess the axe has different connotations over there but I'm not sure how much I'd like to be sprayed by a lynx regardless of where I live.

Comment

It will be challenging to rub that big heavy thing on your armpits. I will keep using my organic pine needles and choke cherry antiperspirant. The chicks dig it.
                WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

Working...
                X