NPD!

• Members

I went to pick up a fuzz factory today that had been sitting at a local pawn shop for ages. It was gone though. Sorry for lying in my title. I didn't get a new pedal today.

I hated the FF when I had one about 8 years ago, but my fuzz flame is re-kindled. Has anyone used a fuzz factory, sold it and went back to it and liked it? I don't know why I suddenly have GAS for a pedal I didn't likeyears ago. All I know is I understand fuzz more now than I did before so I want to give it another shot. Any thoughts?

• Members

haven't sold my fuzz factory, but haven't put it on my board for years either....

some weeks ago i had a talk with rehearsal neighbours about it, and they wanted to try it, so i let them.

they played and i fiddled the knobs. all the weird stuff you can dial in, it was great fun and they played cool riffs too....

yep here's the downside unless you have the FF build into your guitar or someone who is twisting the knobs for you while your playing its less than half the fun, setting it to one static sound especially with the stab function is just a hit or miss, mostly a miss for me in band situation... :(

i wonder how the fuzzprob would be? not that i would want to buy one

• Members

Did exactly that twice..... both times tried it for a while and gave up when finding that is a really interesting tool but useless in a live situation. Too finicky... any changes in your guitar, amp or slight knob twist can send it from Muse heaven to total noise-land (in the bad sense off course)...

but the you see/hear some one playing one sounding great adn wonder again.. why is it that sold mine last time?... and it starts again... :p

• Members

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death

• Members

Well, if I'm going to HEdoublehockeysticks I might as well take a fuzz factory with me. Maybe the devil will get tired of me. My wretched guitar playing coupled with the fuzz factory's inherent ability to transmit sub/post/toxic/harmful/piercing frequencies is likely to get me kicked out before the eternity bell rings.

I'm off to order. If anyone sees a decent deal let me know please.

I think it's completely understandable why something might not appeal to you immediately, but do so later when you have a broader understanding of things... and tastes can definitely change.

I don't know that you'll love the Fuzz Factory on the second go-round, but it is a classic, and capable of some pretty unique sounds... but it can also be a temperamental beast, as has already been pointed out, so it will be interesting to see how you fare with it after getting another one and using it for a while. I definitely am interested in reading your thoughts after you do, so please keep us posted. :)

• Members

I have it stable in my board. Love it, used it live, never had a probel. I don't understand all the predictability issues, because are partially true. That said, if I had to pick a fuzz factory these days, probably I'd go with a fat fuzz factory or one of the new seven.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I've owned 3 fuzz factories, and sold all 3... but I still want one :(

It really is a peculiar relationship

Indeed it is. I have a feeling I wont sell it this time around, but not quite sure I'll flip it either.

Confession time... When I dismissed my first Fuzz Factory (why do the fuzz factory and fuzz face have to share the same initials?!?) I was new to fuzz. , and I needed something tamer. I have my bases covered with excellent pedals from the typical categories of fuzzes these days, so I think the Fuzz Factory will fit right in.

Now it's time to go crazy. baby-dance

• Members

Well, I got the fuzz factory this weekend. Plugged it in and started messing around...

null_zpsfd67566e.jpg

First few minutes were just ok...

I took an intermission to try out the mooer Pitch Box (which was my other NPD today) and that thing rocks. It's just ok for harmonies and pitch shifting, but the detune is excellent.

Back on topic... I spent a few hours playing the Fuzz Factory. I referenced some old threads here at HC for settings and they helped a lot.

I really can't fathom what I was thinking the first time around. This pedal is great! It's got all of that squelchy, sustainy, gated goodness, but it can be tamed very easily.

3 hours in and I'm considering selling a bunch of my fuzzes, because this covers a lot of ground! I'm going to sleep on it first. I'll try to update this thread as I get over the second honeymoon period.

• Members

I've heard this too, and that could possibly be why I didn't dig it the first time around. First time I owned it I lived in Seattle where the winters aren't brutal, but it gets pretty cold. Now I'm living in Okinawa Japan which is considered a "sub-tropical" climate. It rarely gets below 50 or so here in the winter.

• Members

I once took my ge fuzz face to a dudes house to trade for an electric mistress. He had no ac, in Phoenix AZ, in the summer. We plugged the fuzz face in and it was quite uninspiring. Trade did not happen. Cold weather is good for ge trannies. I've read on the internet that jimmy Hendricks used to keep his zvex fuzz factory in a cooler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think I've made it past the 2nd honeymoon. It's completely different than I remember my first FF. I'm liking it so much that I'm considering grabbing a 2nd one and rehousing both into one enclosure. That, or springing for a FF7 after I unload a bunch of my used stuff. It's amazing.

Archived