Lost My Will To Play...

Player99

• Members

...like?, a target for far away laughter, perhaps a huggist @ the playboy mansion, or decrypt the Hz at 7.83, food for thought, industrial hemp>>>fastfood, how about a talking honey bee that can truthfully explain instant karma...idk, all the best with your seek.

• Members

take a break, learn to play hand drums... a different world that at the very lest will help with your timing and tempos if and when you return to guitar... theres plenty of instruments from which to choose or theres always musicians forums to peruse...

• Members

First thing I'd ask is how old are you.

I know when I hit my 50's I've slowed down allot. I still put in the hours recording but I' don't have much desire to haul equipment around gigging. Instead I have others come to my studio to record. The main thing is I don't heal as quickly as I used to. I could play 7 nights a week as a kid and did for decades. Now I play hard one night and it takes a few days for my hands to heal back up. You are forced to do things smarter as you get older and if you do hang ten you make sure you get something out of it.

• Members

Is it because HCFX is slow? I ask seriously, sort of. I had an excellent jam tonight. Now that it's over I have to resort to the forums. I post on TGP a lot these days but it just isn't the same.

I took a hiatus and played acoustic (6 string/12 string/nylon and uke) for about 2~3 years and that helped a lot.

• Members

~I suggest taking a very close look at your guitar. Could be the intonation is off, you are using dead old strings, bad pickups, bad amp, a cheap amp.. nut is worn... frets are worn and the sum of all these minor problems is making the whole guitar dull and uninteresting.

So, my suggestion is put on new strings..maybe fender bullets (they are slighly better sounding because they fit precisely..)..nickelplated or better yet pure nickel.

Buy a new neck pickup..maybe a Fender Custom shop Fat 50 on a strat or a good Seymour Duncan humbucker on a les Paul.

Definitaly check the intonation, check the nut, and neck relief..adjust the action.

Maybe shield your guitar and starground.. Could try some custom wiring schemes from guitarnuts.com.. add a switch with a capacitor selector with an additional capacitor with different uF to try for more sounds both .22 and .47..

Maybe try rack mount effects..Lexicon, Yamaha Magicstomp.

.The magicstomp is incredible if you like clean sounds and download the custom made artists patches from yamaha's website

Get a wireless unit if you dont have one. Get a different chair , maybe play in a different room.

Change from a les paul to a strat...play an Ovation for a while..

• Members

Gear isn't lacking. I have 3 amps that cost 4K each, plus some smaller blackface Fenders, plus others.

I have a number of guitars, and just before Xmas I bought a Gibson 335, a Gibson 137 cherryburst, and a custom build hollowbody that sounds better than the other 2. I also have a large pile of pedals, and the latest Roland guitar synth. I just have lost it. I used to play 2 hours to 6 hours a day. Now I maybe play 1/2 hour every couple of days.

• Members

Dude you don't need amnesty, w/ that kind of investment your obviously true to you unconditioning, find the eq that causes' self/ness too inspire again the ageing we've all sought, then mirror w/ said...kthxbye...

Archived