No announcement yet.

Lost My Will To Play...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost My Will To Play...

For some reason, I have been losing interest in playing guitar. I still practice but not like I used to. I guess I am moving on to more serious pursuits?
    Hey

...like?, a target for far away laughter, perhaps a huggist @ the playboy mansion, or decrypt the Hz at 7.83, food for thought, industrial hemp>>>fastfood, how about a talking honey bee that can truthfully explain instant karma...idk, all the best with your seek.
    changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

Could be just a phase.... happened to me at least twice in my life.... store away your most loved instruments.... and wait for ti to come back... it will philthumb
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
      Rocking from down south... really south
      Good Biz w/: Hangwire, curehardy, 343SaltyBeans, 229Someday, themeanreds, mfergel, chump5150, orange worker, bloo, Saturnine10, moon shadow, johnrambo, skitzy, sh333, VVarlocked
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Comment

It helps to keep my interests shifting. Why not pick up a cheapo midi keyboard and a few free soft synths and effects. Maybe try your hand at building or recording.

Comment

take a break, learn to play hand drums... a different world that at the very lest will help with your timing and tempos if and when you return to guitar... theres plenty of instruments from which to choose or theres always musicians forums to peruse...
          my p0asting days are numb bird...

Comment

First thing I'd ask is how old are you.
            I know when I hit my 50's I've slowed down allot. I still put in the hours recording but I' don't have much desire to haul equipment around gigging. Instead I have others come to my studio to record. The main thing is I don't heal as quickly as I used to. I could play 7 nights a week as a kid and did for decades. Now I play hard one night and it takes a few days for my hands to heal back up. You are forced to do things smarter as you get older and if you do hang ten you make sure you get something out of it.

Comment

i hear rock climbing is fun.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Cliff diving into shallow water.
                Hey

Comment

Sharing thought in/on confounded bridge?
                  changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

Playa99, do you have a looper pedal?
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not really. I have a Timeline that does it, but it is not very efficient. I had an M9 before, and dabbled a bit, but I found the M9 sucked all round. So I would say no.
                      Hey

Comment

pick up the digitech solo xt. very easy to use and hours of fun.

Comment

I will investigate the solo xt. Thanks.
                          Hey

Comment

What about the larger JM Stereo?

Or one of the older units with 2 pedals?
                            Last edited by Player99; 05-18-2014, 12:30 AM.
                            Hey

Comment

Is it because HCFX is slow? I ask seriously, sort of. I had an excellent jam tonight. Now that it's over I have to resort to the forums. I post on TGP a lot these days but it just isn't the same.

I took a hiatus and played acoustic (6 string/12 string/nylon and uke) for about 2~3 years and that helped a lot.
                              Good deals with: Primo, Hecticone, Bluehuricane (X2), TomCray, Used666, Dettlebach, Tolling_Bells, Cleverbastid, machine gunner, shooto, 2deaconblues, Easyliver, Maxisnotdead, brokenarrow5, Drasp, Viper Jazz, the.bjorndahl, dkhp124

Comment

Working...
                              X