New pedals arrived from Donnerdeal

• Members

Picked up a couple pedals off Donnerdeal. These shipped 2 day USPS from their TN warehouse.

Donner Blues Drive. Supposedly a repackaged Mooer Green Mile. Has a TS style sound. Don't care much for the Hot boost mode. The Warm mode is the traditional TS style tone. Came in a very nice case with magnetic latch. $37

ENO (http://www.ex-amp.com) DSO-2 Trouble overdrive. An OCD style clone. I like this one a lot. It's what my Peavey Classic 30's gain channel should sound like. Nice thick crunchy tones. $32 on sale, back up to $55 now. I like the LP mode best.

[video=youtube;Y8ufhjpAAcY]

• Members

Knobs are not flimsy or wobbly. Footswitches feel good. I popped the back cover off and the footswitch is on it's own PCB. The main PCB I did not try and take out to see the circuit. I'd have to remove the knob and take off the nuts for the jacks. In/out jacks are PCB mounted but do use metal nuts on the case.

I figured for the money it was worth the risk to try these. So far I am satisfied. I am a home player so these won't get knocked around. The tiny black controls are hard to see when adjusting, I would suggest painting the arrow.

• Members

I did not bond with the Donner Blues Drive. Flipped it on eBay for a loss :(. Though not much of a loss since I bought the ENO pedal on sale for $32 and now it is at $55. The ENO OCD clone is kicking my Lumpy's Liquid Lead to eBay too. It has a nice fat bottom end and I just love the crunch tones.

Archived