Overdrive Options

Telemike2

• Members

Those Behringer aren't the sturdiest builds but they do copy the circuit and capture the tone very well.

I've owned the Original Ibanez, and the newer Green silver version and to tell you the truth, I sure cant

tell the difference running them side by side. Maybe the Behringer allows a tad more clean tone through

which I actually prefer. All you do is save a good $75 on the cost difference. The chip and diodes are the same.

The only fault is the pots are PC mount so they are a bit cheesy to turn. I beefed mine up by using some

rubber washers under the knobs. That way the knobs stay where I set them and don't move if bumped.

Other than that they work fine. I actually bought two so My recording buddy could get the same tones I

do when recording certain songs.

• Members

iStomp if you have a i device. I play a CL30 and did a quick demo of the TS9 and 808 reissues along side the "screamer" pedal from the istomp and I preferred the istomp.

You can also look for a used TS9, or a visual sound 808 or Rt66. They are very good sounding TS's.

Barber LTD is also another great option.

• Members

Gotcha. Didn't realize your quest had ended. No idea how I skipped over that post up there^^^. Guess I just skimmed over since it just looked like a YT vid posted. I need to have my eyes checked out. I actually read all of the recommendations in this thread and agreed with all of them.

• Members

The Classic 30 already has a lot of mids going for it. As muchas I love my C30 and 808 clone, I would probably look for a pedal which can dial out the mids. Sorry I don't have an example of what pedal can do that.

Or perpahps a pedal that can blend in a clean boost would work, like the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and Visual Sound VS-XO

• Members

The Classic 30 already has a lot of mids going for it. As muchas I love my C30 and 808 clone, I would probably look for a pedal which can dial out the mids. Sorry I don't have an example of what pedal can do that.

Or perhaps a pedal that can blend in a clean boost would work, like the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and Visual Sound VS-XO

Archived