if EHX are 'doing' clones now, what else would you want them to release?

gambit

• Members

so their latest drive pedals include a Tubescreamer, Klon, Maestro (?) fuzz.. so what would like to see them 'clone' next? i'd really like a Butler Tube Driver. until MXR knock that 40% mark-up off the UK price for the FET Driver i reckon EHX could undercut them and sell LOTS of them too.

get crazy, so the weird **************** others aren't really doing. PLL, randomatic, maybe a Sherman filterbank in pedal format... enough with ODs and fuzzes. *yawn*

Other than the various Big Muff pedals, EHX hasn't always been a huge OD / Distortion / Fuzz company... but they've been releasing some killer pedals in those categories lately. While many have been clones or inspired by other pedals (East River Drive, Soul Food, Satisfaction Fuzz), not all of them have been, and they're still putting out a lot of the more esoteric / unusual / interesting things too. Frankly, I think they've been doing great lately with what they've been putting out. YMMV

• Members

If I had any say in it, they start bringing back a couple more of their own classics, rather then cloning pedals that are already been cloned everywhere from hc diy'ers to chinese sweat shops...

I wouldn't mind owning a small collection of new EHX sovjet/triangle/opamp/ram's head muffs...

• Members

I think the first Electro Harmonix pedal I bought was their first Flanger.

I may have owned a Memory man after that when the Multivox (or Maestro?) echo that used the mini 8 track

finally bit the dust. The Flanger lasted maybe 2 years. The case was made of stainless steel and is a bit flexible.

I think it wound up having the board crack inside. Cant remember what happened to the memory man, But I used

a space echo after that.

Both of those EH pedals were cool at the time but both were very noisy. I'm really not sure why anyone would have

wanted to revive them. The little Moog type pedal was a big leap for them however. Rock music with Moogs were really big

back in the 70/s80/s and that pedal was the only pedal most guitarists could afford for getting that sound and even then they

were about $250.

Oh and I had their Graphic EQ. Almost forgot about that one. What a piece of crap that one was. Putting a graphic EQ

on a floor board with a switch was one of their biggest failures. Too much dirt gets into the sliders and when you tried to clean them they

got even worse. Not only did mine fail but I'd repair a bunch with the same problems when I did repair work for a living.

Dirt would foul the sliders and if you'd step on the sliders instead of the switch you'd wipe the slider pot out or crack a board.

Most guitarists replaces them with MXR EQ's which were much better and more durable. I still have my 10 band from back then.

Still works well even though there's no blue paint left on the thing.

Archived