Recommend pedals for someone out of game for 10 years

• Members

So when I graduated college and was working an office job I spent all day here getting to know everyone and met some great builders and they hooked me up. At that time the foxrox Tzf was all the rave. I have always loved and own a bunch of ehx pedals and lovetone pedals. Always leaned more to analog than digital. I see the market has now gotten more into smaller footprints and multi effects which I was trying to get guys to do for me years ago so that's no suprise. I always wanted to build something like the foxrox captain coconut with an big muff electic mistress and memory man and they are starting to do something like that with the tatoo and the epitome. Wondering what you all thing are the greatest pedals I have been missing out if I haven't been here in ten years. Obviously don't need to know about reissues like the way huge because I was pretty up in everything from the 60s up untill about 2005. But the last ten years things have exploded and I am getting old and left in the dust. Im not really looking for simple pedals like compressors or just chorus or reverb by themselves and not into digital multi effects units. Just really cool analog pedals .

Wow, I don't really know where to start... there's been a ton of cool pedals released since '05.

Are you looking mainly for analog multi-effects? They're still pretty few and far between, although there are a few. The Foxrox stuff is still stellar of course... as is the old Lovetone stuff. That's the cool thing about the passage of time - as new stuff is introduced, it gets added to what's available from the past, and the old stuff never really goes away. :)

• Members

Welcome in the golden age for pedlols my friend...:)

As Phil said, a good klon clone can now be had for small change compared to the real thing, and even from one of the oldest and most respectable pedal companies out there:)

And they indeed also offer a ton of wacky inovative cool pedals.

Since you mensioned Way Huge: The stuff I tried was verry decent, though imp experience all those knobs don't necessarily make their peds extremely versatile or anything.

Anything in particular you're looking for though? The options for "cool analog pedal" are endless, even more so than ten years ago...

I'm personally somewhat of a fuzz and delay addict, so if you need suggestions there, lemme know:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

So I got an EH Epitome and a superego, and a custom built pedal to lock the lfo of my Lovetone ? and a ditto x2, so I have been making all kinds of craziness. Looking at getting big muff nano for the hell of it and replacing my memory toy with a seymour duncan vapor trail and interested in the earthquaker disaster transport sr

• Members

How do you like the Epitome? I've had my eye on it but really hesitating about dropping $300+. I get that buying all three pedals separately would be like $500, but still. I've seen a lot of reviews slagging the digital Electric Mistress but I recently got a Neo Mistress and love it.

• Members

theres no more boutique everyone is building BYOC kits in painted cases and selling them on ebay. their pedal companies are like band names. ehx is the new bouteque and there are things called apps now

Archived