DL4 double preset mod problems

farfignewgon

• Members

I'm currently doing the switch/LED replacement, double preset and looper mods on my DL4.  Everything works fine with the exception of the double preset mod.  

In double preset mode, if i change the delay time, the delay is a weird, warbly, digital interference sound.  It's basically the same sound you get when you're turning the delay time knob...but it never goes away.

I've plugged in an expression pedal and it seems to do the same thing...however, for the expression pedal to work i have to have my double preset mod button turned on.

Any ideas on what i did wrong?

Here are a few pics (all white wires is the double preset switch, red wires is the looper mod switch) Switches are DPDT with LEDS.  Power and ground for the looper mod switch are coming from the double preset switch.

fetch?id=31026678&d=1394133371

fetch?id=31026684&d=1394133371

fetch?id=31026693&d=1394133371

• Members

Still no luck. I took the switch out completely and just put the 10k resistor between the tip and ground on the expression pedal jack solder points. (I also tried putting the ring to ground as well)

Still the same warbly digital interference delays on certain delay settings...others work fine.

Could there be an issue with the board?

• Members

Yes. The dl4 works fine when the mod is disconnected.

Classy. Not a tard, built/modded plenty of pedals with no issues.

Switch is latching, as is the looper mod switch, which works fine.

All I'm doing now is a 10k resistor directly between the tip and ground solder points of the exp. jack.

• Members

grunge-rock wrote:

Yes. The dl4 works fine when the mod is disconnected.

Classy. Not a tard, built/modded plenty of pedals with no issues.

Switch is latching, as is the looper mod switch, which works fine.

All I'm doing now is a 10k resistor directly between the tip and ground solder points of the exp. jack.

did you lift the tabs on the expression jack. - When you insert an external expression pedal, the tabs on the jack are lifted by the inserted expression pedal. Since you're not using on, you have to physically bend up the tabs to simulate the plug.

If you have a DMM, I think right now you'll get a reading that the tip is shorting to ground. Once you lift those tabs on the jack, it should read open. The mod should work then.

Archived