Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corso
    A lot of his guitars were DI'd straight into the console mic-pres.

Funny you mentioned that. "Elemantal Child" sounds like it.

Comment

Recording engineer told me that when I asked how he got that sound. He said I would need a 10 series Neve console.

Comment

Did he mntion, if Marc used any specific fuzz pedals? Specially on Electric Warrior and The Slider?

Comment

i really want to listen to this now

but my record player is busted
          TheFloydian: You gotta have something to kill people over. If we didn't have religion, we'd kill each other over the Yankees game.
          giant tortoise

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzface71
            Did he mntion, if Marc used any specific fuzz pedals? Specially on Electric Warrior and The Slider?

I've seen old ads of Marc endorsing coloursound stuff.
            http://personalmessageblog.blogspot.com/
            http://blubberslumber.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Dude, I love T-Rex.

And yeah, I heard that Bolan used a Supa-Tonebender, as did Mick Ronson...

Comment

Originally posted by english_bob
                Dude, I love T-Rex.

And yeah, I heard that Bolan used a Supa-Tonebender, as did Mick Ronson...

That's what I hear.

Comment

I was in a band called Main Man. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

The Slider rocks my nugs.

Comment

I just read that he used a sunburst '59 Gibson Les Paul, Gibson SG, late-'60s Fender Stratocaster, Yamaha acoustic. Amps: H&H combo, Marshall half-stack, Orange stack. pedals: Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face, Electro-Harmonix Screaming Tree, MXR Blue Box, Vox wah.

Comment

The Kings Of Glam

Comment

there are pictures of marc bolan with a dallas rangemaster on his amp
                        http://zeemvel.mybrute.com/
                        *SiC Handbuilt Effects & Amps*
                        http://www.myspace.com/siceffects

Comment

I did not know this, but allegedly, the guitar that Mike Oldfield used on the whole "Tubular Bells" album, was a blonde Telecaster formerly owned by Marc Bolan.

To create that bagpipe guitar sound, Olfield employed the slightly mysterious Glorfindel box. This was an effects unit, encased in a wooden box, which he got from David Bedford, who'd been given the box at a party by its creator, a stoned hippy. The box was extremely unreliable in its operation, rarely giving the same result twice
                          Tom Newman said of Mike and the Glorfindel box: "he had this awful home-made electronics box full of horrid transistors, covered in faders and knobs which he called a 'Glorfindel'. This was a piece of plywood filled with junk that he could plug his guitar into and sometimes a sound would come out. Sometimes the sound was good, but most of the time it was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by bieke
                            I did not know this, but allegedly, the guitar that Mike Oldfield used on the whole "Tubular Bells" album, was a blonde Telecaster formerly owned by Marc Bolan.

To create that bagpipe guitar sound, Olfield employed the slightly mysterious Glorfindel box. This was an effects unit, encased in a wooden box, which he got from David Bedford, who'd been given the box at a party by its creator, a stoned hippy. The box was extremely unreliable in its operation, rarely giving the same result twice
                            Tom Newman said of Mike and the Glorfindel box: "he had this awful home-made electronics box full of horrid transistors, covered in faders and knobs which he called a 'Glorfindel'. This was a piece of plywood filled with junk that he could plug his guitar into and sometimes a sound would come out. Sometimes the sound was good, but most of the time it was terrible.

hey, can i get a link to your band's website?
                            TheFloydian: You gotta have something to kill people over. If we didn't have religion, we'd kill each other over the Yankees game.
                            giant tortoise

Comment

The Blue Box stuff was particularly cool, see "Life's A Gas".

DJ
                              Originally posted by opiepac
                              I just live with the twitch, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by elctmist
                                The Blue Box stuff was particularly cool, see "Life's A Gas".

DJ

Cool! So that's the Blue Box. Never tried one.

Comment

Working...
                                X