Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverb that can kick my twin reverb's ass?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb that can kick my twin reverb's ass?

I want the ehx holiest grail, but i already spent that much money on a MuRF, not ready to do it again.

I really like the rv-5's modulation and everything, but I want somehting other than boss pedals, have enough of those. That's a last resort.
    whoa, maaaaaan.

I REALLY like the Digitech Digiverb.

It's got stereo outs, room, hall, plate, reverse, etc sounds, and a surprisingly good "fake spring 'verb" setting. I used to use a Holy Grail but I was, at that time, using a lot of super-wet reverb sounds and the Digiverb can go from subtle to WAY over the top.

Comment

i regret sellnig my digiverb it was great. i really want a holiest grail, i just can't justify that price tag.
      http://www.myspace.com/ellaminnowmusic

Comment

Why don't you like the reverb on the Twin?

You can always change the pan to a deeper reverb or change the driver and capture tubes to enhance the sound. I would be surprised to find better stompbox reverb than a twin.
        "Go to the musicians, in the work of a few musicians you can hear every aspect of this conflict between light and dark within the soul.” - Hugh Maclennan/The Watch That Ends the Night

"And the guitar players, they look damaged...they been outcasts all their lives" - Jagger/Richards

Comment

Originally posted by jonny guitar
          Why don't you like the reverb on the Twin?

You can always change the pan to a deeper reverb or change the driver and capture tubes to enhance the sound. I would be surprised to find better stompbox reverb than a twin.

I now use a DRRI which has terrific reverb, but I still use the Digitech in my chain. For "normal" reverb my amp is a dream but for noisemaking, 100% wet sounds, giant cavernous stuff, and so on the Digitech really shines.

Comment

Because im playing a few shows at school and we cant use our amps, it sounds like ****************e in the P.A. system, and i just want some wacky reverb sounds to go with it too.
            whoa, maaaaaan.

Comment

what do you mean change the "pan" to get a deeper reverb???
              want to buy:

digitech digiverb
              zvex lo-fi looper
              4ms stereo tremulus panneur
              Fulltone OCD

Comment

anyone? change the pan?
                want to buy:

digitech digiverb
                zvex lo-fi looper
                4ms stereo tremulus panneur
                Fulltone OCD

Comment

Comment

I remember a post on a DIY reverb that used real tanks and was lots less than a Fender outboard. I can't find the link however, but I'm sure it would help you. Anyone ???
                    Grotto.
                    "Christ,..................... Where'd rock & roll be without feedback."
                    David Gilmour

5,500 posts knocked down to 79 due to the fact I have a life. Administrators like myself understand what too much software power can do to "normal" admins.

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of a Fender spring reverb showing all its inner workings?
                      "You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered, pan-sexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."

-- Frank Zappa
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Gear:
                      '83 Am Std Strat
                      Nelsonic Lester Atomic Series
                      '71 Twin Reverb w/JBL's
                      Roland Microcube
                      ProCo Turbo Rat w/Keeley 3-Way Mod
                      Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
                      Mi Audio Tube Zone
                      Morley Power Wah (hard wired AC)
                      Boss RC-2 Loop Station
                      Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Comment

I am having a blast with an Alesis Microverb II that I just got, kinda sucks having to reach down and twist dials but it sounds great.
                        Guitars: Fender, PRS, Schecter, Squier

Amps: Fender, Bad Cat, Orange, Vox

Effects: Wampler, Z Vex, Electro Harmonix, Dunlop, Zoom, TC

Pickups: Dominger Custom Pickups, Reilander Custom Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by threm
                          May be this helps;

http://www.retroamps.com/fendrevld.gif

Reverb unit, reissue;
                          http://www.retroamps.com/Fender%206G15%20Reverb%20Stand%20Alone%20Re-issue%20Upgrade%20Kit.html

Fender Reverb 6G15 Schematic
                          http://www.kbapps.com/audio/schematics/tubeamps/fender/reverb6g15.html
                          http://www.kbapps.com/audio/schematics/tubeamps/fender/Default.htm

Simple block diagram;
                          http://www.fender.com/support/manuals/pdfs/manuals_elec/guitarpdf/63Fender_Reverb.pdf

I appreciate the effort you put forth but I really was wondering what the springs and other parts actually look like.
                          "You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered, pan-sexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."

-- Frank Zappa
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Gear:
                          '83 Am Std Strat
                          Nelsonic Lester Atomic Series
                          '71 Twin Reverb w/JBL's
                          Roland Microcube
                          ProCo Turbo Rat w/Keeley 3-Way Mod
                          Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
                          Mi Audio Tube Zone
                          Morley Power Wah (hard wired AC)
                          Boss RC-2 Loop Station
                          Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Comment

I've got a Vibro-King (built in Fender Reverb Tank). Totally kicks your Twin's (and my Super Reverb's) ass.

Holy Grail is lackluster and noisy (in my Humble opinion).

Comment

Working...
                            X