Embarrassed.....i like chorus

ollenorin

• Members

yup, the CE-2 is good, not as good as the CE-1 chorus ensemble (which also has a succulent vibe mode), but the CE-2 is less noisy, one of those choruses that can do that dreadful 80's chorus sound without becoming cheesy, and the warbly vintage chorus sound can also be had with it, the only issue I have with the CE-2 is that it does not work with distortion all that well, preferred the Small Clone for that, but for the time being, my MIJ CE-2 is on the board, gotta love that baby blue though

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

yup, the CE-2 is good, not as good as the CE-1 chorus ensemble (which also has a succulent vibe mode), but the CE-2 is less noisy, one of those choruses that can do that dreadful 80's chorus sound without becoming cheesy, and the warbly vintage chorus sound can also be had with it, the only issue I have with the CE-2 is that it does not work with distortion all that well, preferred the Small Clone for that, but for the time being, my MIJ CE-2 is on the board, gotta love that baby blue though

i thought it sounded pretty good with distortion.... ?

yeah the baby blue color is sweet....best colored boss pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

i thought it sounded pretty good with distortion.... ?

yeah the baby blue color is sweet....best colored boss pedal.

it all comes down to personal taste I guess, personally, I find it sounds like plastic when used with distortion, unlike the Small Clone, it makes the distortion hover back and forth in a very nice fashion, anyway, enjoy your CE-2, I'm enjoying mine as well, using it sparingly

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

it all comes down to personal taste I guess, personally, I find it sounds like plastic when used with distortion, unlike the Small Clone, it makes the distortion hover back and forth in a very nice fashion, anyway, enjoy your CE-2, I'm enjoying mine as well, using it sparingly

yes i have plans to put it on my board actually...along with the Phase 90 which is now under andreas

• Members

yes, I've been thinking about putting my Moogerfooger 12 stage phaser on my board as well, and loose the DL-4, too bad I need the DL-4 for gigs, otherwise I would have a nice Moogerfooger threesome ... the 12 stage does not work too well with distortion either
:mad:

• Members

i like to use it a bit on the cleans, not all the time but a good bit of time. it does add a nice spaciousness that alot of people like to hear, even if they dont realize its an effect (you know - non players, they think the clean guitar just sounds good & thick)

• Members

chorus is only rediculous if you use it in rediculous ways.

I like the added shimmer my guyatone/ce-2/rocktron can give with high depth and low speed, so that the sweep of the LFO is not too obvious. I love the "rolling along" feeling that it can add.

Just do not utilize it as one of those nasty 80's rockers did. Maybe more in the Frusciate style (esp. BSSM album.) OH yeah, NEVER on acoustics though.. man, it seems to make everything "church rock."

• Members
Originally posted by thebazaar

I prefer the CE3. Can be hooked up to do vibe or stereo chorus.

I just started listening to some Budgie when i saw this topic...chorus is awesome for classic metal clean intros. And for solos...reverb and chorus, mmmmmmmm.

This post just needs to be quoted because it mentions Budgie.

Budgie - a beautifully strange bird :)

Dig

• 5 months later...
  • Members

As I play 100% dry, I'd like to put something in the FX loop to add just a hint of ambience. I am torn between chorus and reverb. What do you guys suggest? I need a box that I would set and forget and have it on all the time, regardless of what I play (clean, crunch, hi gain riffs or solo). I would also only use it sparingly. I thought of Holy Grail or TC SCF. Am I that wrong?

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

plugged in the CE-2 mij Chorus....oops...i really like it...i thought chorus was cheesy {censored}....

i got some very warm and cool sounds from it....its analog i think...maybe thats why it sounded good.

:o

Just like Disco, Chorus has never gone away.
It's just been absorbed into the vocabulary.
Chorused sounds are all over radio, from "cool alt" bands to mainstream sludge.
If if sounds good, it is good. Go with your ears, they know.

• Members

I've been off of chorus here lately. I'm going to keep the analogman though because I'm sure I'll like it more.

I've never gotten the thing with people hating chorus because of 80's cheese metal and pop music. People don't hate marshalls because of 80s cheese metal.

I listen to The Cure, the Replacements, Nirvana, the Police...all of these bands that people who hate 80s cheese chorus listen to and I hear chorus. So it causes me confusion.

Archived