Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chorus can sound great when being used the right way... i'm going to try a poly chorus and a dc-2 when i get the chance

didn't you have a dc-2 olle?... if so how do you find the ce-2 compares?

Comment

I run my rig in stereo, the analog chorus in on the wet signal delay amp. Doesn't mess with the original pristeen signal! Wouldn't have it any other way!

Comment

I love Chorus.

I have this one and love it.

Did you fall from heaven?? Cause it lookes like you really effed up your face when you hit the ground.

My Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mst3k
          I love Chorus.

I have this one and love it.

THat's a cool 'un. I had one on my board for ages until I had my CE-1 modded for guitar.

The Nady/Guyatone Chorus is a great box, too.

Comment

the paradox tzf is my favorite chorus.

Comment

i do like chorus

even more so when im on a big smiths kick, like now.

i have a ce5. its decent, but id like to try something else.
              TheFloydian: You gotta have something to kill people over. If we didn't have religion, we'd kill each other over the Yankees game.
              giant tortoise

Comment

As I play 100% dry, I'd like to put something in the FX loop to add just a hint of ambience. I am torn between chorus and reverb. What do you guys suggest? I need a box that I would set and forget and have it on all the time, regardless of what I play (clean, crunch, hi gain riffs or solo). I would also only use it sparingly. I thought of Holy Grail or TC SCF. Am I that wrong?
                My band's page: www.defender-music.net

Comment

Originally posted by ollenorin
                  plugged in the CE-2 mij Chorus....oops...i really like it...i thought chorus was cheesy ****************....

i got some very warm and cool sounds from it....its analog i think...maybe thats why it sounded good.

Just like Disco, Chorus has never gone away.
                  It's just been absorbed into the vocabulary.
                  Chorused sounds are all over radio, from "cool alt" bands to mainstream sludge.
                  If if sounds good, it is good. Go with your ears, they know.
                  "Circular logic is the best logic because it's circular"

Comment

I've been off of chorus here lately. I'm going to keep the analogman though because I'm sure I'll like it more.

I've never gotten the thing with people hating chorus because of 80's cheese metal and pop music. People don't hate marshalls because of 80s cheese metal.

I listen to The Cure, the Replacements, Nirvana, the Police...all of these bands that people who hate 80s cheese chorus listen to and I hear chorus. So it causes me confusion.
                    If I ever get to the point where I can't even turn my own tuning knobs, someboy please shoot my roadie. - Jeremy Skrenes

Comment

the clips of the BYOC kit chorus sound sweet to my ears

Comment

danut - Reverb or a reverby delay. I have a Meistersinger Chorus that I don't use much.
                        TRADE/SALE:
                        Ibanez AD99 $100, Moonphasor $200(Trade 4 Univibe?), Addrock Geranium FF $110(Trd 4 Fultone 70?), ZOOM RT-123 Drum machine $95, Digitech Vocalist 300(reverb+efx) $150, New A/B switch box DOD $30. Mesa 50+ Calibre,
                        Looking to Trade for:
                        MicroPOG, OCTRON, Semaphore, SMMH, ScrewdriverTim, OohWah2, Wah Probe, Peppermint BlenderPeach fuzz, lm308 RAT, Harmonizer, Mdeq? , Kinnman Broadcaster pups, Princeton RV,

Comment

i'm really gassing for a flanger at the moment...
                          possibly even more cheesy than chorus...or can be..

Comment

I already posted this in the mailman thread, but I just wanted to gloat some more:

Roland Digital Chorus-- essentially the chorus from a Jazz Chorus coupled with a very space analog reverb. I can't wait to fool around with it.

WTB-
                            Boss FZ2!!!!
                            Reverbs and weird dirtboxes/fuzzes.

Comment

I'm quite big on chorus. I've had a BOSS CE-1 for years. I've never been completely sold on the cold, sterile tones I get out of it, so I'm going to be swapping it out in favor of an Analog Man Clone Chorus. I can't wait for it to arrive!

-Alec
                              "I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician."
                              -Sir Charles Chaplin

Comment

I'm a bit ashamed of my chorus fetish too, but, I find that when it's used in a subtle David Gilmourish way it adds some depth to things in a great way. I don't like it when it moves too much, but set the depth high and the rate at the lowest it'll go and I'm in every time...
                                Well it's been heaven
                                But even rainbows end.
                                Now my sails are fillin'
                                And the wind's so willin'
                                That I'm good as gone again.

Comment

Working...
                                X