My pedalboard!!!

• Members

This is her.

Signal starts with an AKG WMS 400 wireless. I knew nothing about wireless units and the more I searched the more confused I got. So I just bought the most expensive one that I could afford and I did pretty good. I love it. I was worried about it running on just one AA battery instead of a 9 volt, but it runs for 4-5 hours on one and I've not experienced any dropouts.

Then the signal goes to my comps. The Keeley is on most of the time and is only ever switched off when I use the Analogman Juicer for that extra little raunchy grit that I totally love during certain parts of our set.

Next is the newest addition to the board, a Rocktron Nitro booster/enhancer. It's a nice pedal that I'm still learning. It's a great boost, but I'm not sold on the 'enhancing' claims yet. Cheap too.

Then the signal goes into the 6-loop True Bypass Strip from Pedalboards.com. It's awesome. I had trouble with one switch and one shoved down LED that they fixed for free (I paid 1 way shipping) mid last year.

Loop 1- Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

It's no teese (had an RMC-3 that I loved but had to part with) but I do like the sound and have become way too spoiled with the instant on when you put your foot on it.

Loop 2- Keeley Phat Blues Driver

My favorite overdrive of all time. I simply adore it. It's the one pedal that I couldn't live without.

Loop 3- Boss PS5 Super Shifter

I use this on.....lemme see.......4 songs right now. One one song I set it on the 'Trem Arm' setting and pick the note. Then I step on the pedal (with the appropriate speed setting dialed in) and the pedal takes the note up one octave. Similar to what Tom Morello does on that Audioslave song. I also use this pedal as a straight up harmonizer.

Loop 4- Yamaha Magic Stomp

I hate chorus pedals. I hate flangers. I hate tremolo pedals. However, I do find occasion to stick one in somewhere. So I got this pedal to keep me from dropping cash on every boutique chorus out there ('cause I know I'll hate them and end up pissed off. :D)

I like the modulation sounds and just worked in a hard trem sound into a new song, so I'm relying on the MagicStomp more and more. Uber cool computer programming as well (even with a Mac!). I've not spent a lot of time tinkering with the Yamahas phase or dirt sounds.

Loop 5- Phase 90!

I love phase and I love the Phase 90. There are times where I'd like a more subtle phase sound but I've hated everything that I've put up against the Phase 90 (nothing boutique or over $200, though) so I've been toying with the idea of scoring an EVH Phase 90......but then I remember that I hate that faggot and come to my senses. Oh, and I still need to explore the Magic's phase sounds too. Maybe I'll get a Script Phase 90 someday and have them side by side. That would be nice.

Loop 6- Guyatone Micro Tuner

Small, fast, and accurate. And it says 'H - E - L - L - O' when you turn it on.

The signal exits the TB Strip and goes straight to my Dual Rec, and suddenly everything is right in the world.

Whew.

~MkF!

"Where's the fuzz.....biaaaatch!"

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

Loop 5- Phase 90!

I love phase and I love the Phase 90. There are times where I'd like a more subtle phase sound but I've hated everything that I've put up against the Phase 90 (nothing boutique or over $200, though) so I've been toying with the idea of scoring an EVH Phase 90......but then I remember that I hate that faggot and come to my senses. Oh, and I still need to explore the Magic's phase sounds too. Maybe I'll get a Script Phase 90 someday and have them side by side. That would be nice.

You could get it modded by someone so that yours has the switch between Script/Block. I'm sure that most modders on the board would be able to do it for you :) Just something to consider.

Cool sounding board btw, shame the pics not working :(

What kinda of music do you play?

• Members

Cool stuff MKF, thanks for the rundown on everything. Try hosting your pic at photobucket.com.

You're one of the long-lost forumites, no? I've been mostly lurking here for a long time and I remember your name from back in the day. Welcome back!

• 7 months later...

Archived