Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

HAs anyone had experience with a Duncan JB in the bridge?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH!!!
    This is a GMP Guitar:

DANG !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

IS it shrill? Too high endy? Will it give me tight fat low end and low mids? Can it hold it's own with overdriven tube amps like a 140 watt orange? I dont want muddy, I dont want ice pick, just smooth, tight and fat.

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Good for you.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by lowroadrevival </i><br />
      <b>No ****************. What did you smear monkey cum all over your camera's lense? </b>

</div>
      </div>
      </div> </font><br />
      <br />
      </div>

Comment

Hey lowroad!

If you decide on the JB, I *might* be able to hook you up

<b>No ****************. What did you smear monkey cum all over your camera's lense? </b>

</div>
        </div>
        </div> </font><br />
        <br />
        </div>

Comment

Originally posted by valvedriventone
          Hey lowroad!

If you decide on the JB, I *might* be able to hook you up

Send me an email dude...whatchu got ?

Spacetimedistortion@juno.com

Comment

Send me an email dude...whatchu got ?

Spacetimedistortion@juno.com

I thought you hadn't decided yet?

I got a few, so, um, lemme figure it out

</div>
            </div>
            </div> </font><br />
            <br />
            </div>

Comment

Very informative thread as I've been pondering these Duncan questions as well.

Oh, and GMP guitars are the cat's ass!

~MkF!
              "Ya know, ya know, you've got to!"
              <div class="signaturecontainer">I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry.</div>

Comment

Get the JB, you won't be sorry. I've got two different guitars loaded with JB's. I'm into the classic hard rock sound ala Thin Lizzy , AC/DC and Zep and the JB brings out everything I need.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
                <b>Good deals with:</b><br />
                Guttermouth, leopardstar (RIP brother), bikescene, Wheeler004, loosegroove, BTBAM, gproud5150, Used666, Mr. Sage, arexjay, and virtualtoad.</font><br />
                <br />
                Guitars:Gibson LP Std, Epi Korina Explorer, Peavey Mantis<br />
                <br />
                Effects:GGG OS-1 Comp, Budda Wah, Keeley Rat, EH LBM, Catalinbread VarioBoost, Boss GE-7, (Loooper (1)Phase 90, MXR Flanger (2) Boss DD-3, EH DMM), EH Holy Grail, Catalinbread SCP<br />
                <br />
                Amps:Marshall JCM 800 2x12 50w 4212, JMP 100w w/MV, Laney VC30</div>

Comment

I have a Jazz/JB combination in one of my guitars...the Jazz is sweet and articulate and the JB is sassy and in your face for lead work (but not overbearing). It is a Jekkle & Hyde affair, or sweet and sassy? Anyway...it is one of my favorite combinations and covers ALOT of ground
                  Paint & Binding Does Not Equal Tone, Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by StratStevo
                    I have a Jazz/JB combination in one of my guitars...the Jazz is sweet and articulate and the JB is sassy and in your face for lead work (but not overbearing). It is a Jekkle & Hyde affair, or sweet and sassy? Anyway...it is one of my favorite combinations and covers ALOT of ground

plus putting a coil-tap in 'em gives it a nice vintage-ish vibe option as well, right?

</div>
                    </div>
                    </div> </font><br />
                    <br />
                    </div>

Comment

Originally posted by valvedriventone

plus putting a coil-tap in 'em gives it a nice vintage-ish vibe option as well, right?
                      You bet...and thats an easy one...Red & White to Ground = Coil Cut/Tap for the single coil vibe

Comment

Originally posted by StratStevo
                        You bet...and thats an easy one...Red & White to Ground = Coil Cut/Tap for the single coil vibe

I was dropping the hint fer lowroad

</div>
                        </div>
                        </div> </font><br />
                        <br />
                        </div>

Comment

so of the '59 and the jazz hb, which would be brighter? maybe brighten up a dark neck sound a little
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">SOCC.FAB.POTnef.SBC.HCF XHVA member #2<br />
                          <br />
                          <font size="1">fs/t: fender MIM tele std. (blue), microsynth(guitar), boss ph-3, sd-1, dod fx-25b, intelliphase</font></div>

Comment

I am thinking about throwing "Seymour's favorite" combo in my Les Paul, that is the Jazz neck and JB bridge. I am a bit concerned that seymour and I may not have the same tastes in music though. Can anyone tell me about the JB ?

IS it shrill? Too high endy? Will it give me tight fat low end and low mids? Can it hold it's own with overdriven tube amps like a 140 watt orange? I dont want muddy, I dont want ice pick, just smooth, tight and fat.

For reference my favorite pickup to date was a Duncan Custom custom SH-11 bridge.

I like Duncan's favorite combo. I have the Jazz Neck and the JB Bridge on this guitar.

Very good combo. I don't think the bridge is shrill at all. Yes the blood on it DOES mean the pickups rock hard!

Comment

I have one in my ash tele and one in my EVH strat. It's my favorite humbucker.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTrickster
                                so of the '59 and the jazz hb, which would be brighter? maybe brighten up a dark neck sound a little
                                That would be the Jazz it has a higher resonant peak

Comment

Working...
                                X