No announcement yet.

Cheap(er) flanger reccomendations?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rid

Ah too bad, I rather like that they use analog tech for flanging, hmm maybe they used a lame LFO?

Devi claimed that it sounded thin, so I'm thinking that it may have been the chipset that was to blame.
    ERG and multifx fanatic.

Comment

ERG and multifx fanatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3

i own one.

awesome flanger. Definitely up there with the 'mistress.
        Visible in this pic. I cleaned up my portion of the jam room and covered a lot of boxes along the walls with old towels i found when i moved in here a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3

i had this one, its really wild. same factory as the yamaha oedal, i think. got it for $20, in japan.

ck3? going for the bieke award?
          OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Originally posted by ck3

+1

I was always impressed with mine for al ong time
            http://www.emmanueljazz.com

Comment

Now that this model has been in circulation a bit longer, are there any more reviews ... does it definitively blow or what?
              ERG and multifx fanatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3

Now that this model has been in circulation a bit longer, are there any more reviews ... does it definitively blow or what?

Had it. Wasn't too into it. Effective advertising tho

Comment

Originally posted by Charmless

Had it. Wasn't too into it. Effective advertising tho

Was it not lush enough, a one-trick pony, unstable, too big for your board, etc? Inquiring minds want to know.
                  ERG and multifx fanatic.

Comment

The Korg PME flanger module is awesome- even more nuts than the Yamaha FLs and the SF10- tunable self-oscillation, ringmod/steel drum sounds, surprisingly long pseudo delays..
                    *please send me evenings and weekends*

member- HCFXSCOC

Comment

Originally posted by ck3

Was it not lush enough, a one-trick pony, unstable, too big for your board, etc? Inquiring minds want to know.

it was just eh. tame. bland. not as insane as i'd've liked.

Comment

Currently I have an orginial EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, a Danelectro Hash Browns, a DOD Bass Flanger and a Korg Flanger that's part of the PME-40X multi-effects thing (old analog multi-effects with swappable modules, not a digital multi). I purchased them each for < $50, but I think the EHX goes for more now.

I think I like the Korg best. Not sure, but I think they made a single pedal version best. I haven't used the EHX much, but I don't remember loving it. I always thought it was a bit tinny. I need to plug it in and check it out again.

The Dano was a recent ebay find (under $13 including shipping from a pawn shop). Haven't had alot of time to mess with it, but it sounds good for the price. That's probably a good choice for a cheap one.
                        Memberships: HCVS, HCEFNYC - Joisey Posse.
                        SPAM:
                        My eBay auctions (nothing currently)
                        Technical Resources:
                        Introduction to Digital Sampling and Signals for Musicians
                        Effects explained

Comment

Originally posted by AF-100
                          The Korg PME flanger module is awesome- even more nuts than the Yamaha FLs and the SF10- tunable self-oscillation, ringmod/steel drum sounds, surprisingly long pseudo delays..

That's the one I'm talking about! I picked up mine recently (never heard of the PME before). Turned up the knob to oscillation and said "SOLD" Between the Flanger and the Delay, the PME is a sweet setup. (I've heard the Octave module is to die for, but haven't seen one in person)
                          Memberships: HCVS, HCEFNYC - Joisey Posse.
                          SPAM:
                          My eBay auctions (nothing currently)
                          Technical Resources:
                          Introduction to Digital Sampling and Signals for Musicians
                          Effects explained

Comment

i've got a vintage, 70's Guyatone Moving Box flanger I'm looking to sell. It sounds alot like the MXR 4 knob flanger from the same period. I'll do it for $130.00 shipped. It's damn close to mint condition. Runs at 18 volts, lot's of headroom.

bands i'm in

www.MySpace.com/DistantDaze
                            www.MySpace.com/Jawbone
                            www.MySpace.com/openendedechoes

Comment

Originally posted by AF-100

Woah, hold on a second. Even more nuts than the SF10?
                              Originally posted by opiepac
                              I just live with the twitch, personally.

Comment

Imagine...my little thread ressurected from the dustbin of time

I have my eye on the DOD 670. Some old, funky ones going for cheap on ebay. I'm going to borrow my pals MXR (original) flanger. I'm slowly tuning in to what I like in stompers: sturdy, reliable, visually subtle/funky, not too many knobs, not too much plastic etc. Guitar Player just ran (another) puff piece on the MXR Flanger re-issue, there's no way I want to mess with the 18v adaptor. Give me the dedicated 3-prong ac. Or ONE battery !

In the meantime, instead of flange, I am substituting my old Ibanez CS-9 chorus in it's place. Not bad.

Speaking of original MXR's, I just re-discovered my Distortion II...in the proper place/signal chain this thing is the distortion for...now.

Comment

Working...
                                X