Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnkleSlam
    Just out of curiosity, who do you work for?

You should ask "Who works for you?" instead

Seriously: we don't want to say anything until we're closer to production. No one wants to see hype for something that's too many months away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSage
      The dano minis are actually really good pedals...they just use plastic cases and surface-mount components (which makes it hard to mod/re-house them).

But the circuits themselves are all solid...based on classics and proven designs.

Maybe this will encourage Danelectro to start using cases and switches that are a bit sturdier.

+1 yeah, they're cool. leave 'em alone
      Originally posted by lastcall
      Listen you tree hugging hippi. Next time a real rocker tries to sell you some gear to help you shred better you had best say, "thank you sir but we're not talented enough to shred". Then as a show of respect you should ask to see his favorite Ibanez, or ask to touch his mullet for luck. Then maybe, just maybe he'll teach you some of his shredding secrets, and you'll be on your way to being real rock stars.

Comment

oh ****************. wild...

that wah, is it metal?

oh double ****************, theres a distortion MODELER!!! HERE!!!!!!!!!
        OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

man, a tech 21 pedal knock off for $40...oh hell!!!!!

man, i envy young players ssssssssooooooooooo ****************IN much. they can get some good tones cheap for their first rigs, then again, so can I!!!!!!!!!

Comment

man, i can imagine how big this is going to be. I mean, with all those young students in japan with cheap guitars posing and having crap concerts, these will go over so freaking large. I already want a tech 21 knockoff and one of those eqs. man, the forums going to be all abuzz the day they hit. oh hell, behringers gonna be huge-r. everyone will have one....

Comment

i think they need to do a multidelay processor
              WWW.COPILOTFX.COM

Comment

is it legal for behringer.... to just rippoff boss products like that??!!

Comment

This is the most exciting product announcement in years. I am buying about 10 of these pedals!

------------------------------------------------

Next year Behringer will be bringing out all valve Mesa Boogie Dual Recifier and Marshall TSL clones for
                  No.1 Place For Guitar strings - www.advantageguitar.com

Comment

Here are a couple of ripoff examples beyond the well known Mackie, POD and now Boss ripoffs. This is all behringer does.

They got sued for this one I think

Ashdown

I use these sennheiser headphones...I haven't compared them though.

I'm guessing on this last one..Genelec

www.dublum.ca

Comment

Originally posted by seifukusha
                      oh ****************. wild...

that wah, is it metal?

oh double ****************, theres a distortion MODELER!!! HERE!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if this is a digital or analog distortion?

Comment

Originally posted by cmloeffler
                        Good for the market? Good for us as consumers for the immediate future, yes. What I'm concerned about is innovation, though. ...Behringer has a knack for ripping innovators off and selling cheap because they have little R & D built into their products... sowhat happens if they actually need to start building their own? Will they still be cheap? Can they make new products as innovative as EHX? Does that make Behringer any less scummy? No.

The Market will end up with 30 years old designs,
                        in new shiney, chinese boxes... (CHINEY ?).

After they tried to kill all, they`ll go down themselves...

An innovative, cool designer will refuse to work for a company like that, I bet...

Who wants the name "BOREINGER" on his designs?
                        www.pure-tube-technology.com

Comment

anyone noticed, that the jacks of the B*ss clones
                          are not screwed to the chassis?
                          www.pure-tube-technology.com

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if this is just Namm food? I'm sure this has put the skids on many dealer that were looking at Boss/Roland/etc lines to carry..Get a franchise with Behringer,then the product gets put on the shelf..So much for that initial order..It wouldn't be the first time..Remember the Rack Mount Fender "Rivera" from the 80's..The Ibanez Koa Tele with dual humbucker/trem setter,and push/push coil pots? Maybe 2 of each ever made..

I'm not saying that is what is happening.Just food for thought...
                            It would not be funny....
                            LESS EBAY MORE MEL BAY

OLD SCHOOL MY SCHOOL ONLY SCHOOL

Comment

Originally posted by puretube

The Market will end up with 30 years old designs,
                              in new shiney, chinese boxes... (CHINEY ?).

After they tried to kill all, they`ll go down themselves...

An innovative, cool designer will refuse to work for a company like that, I bet...

Who wants the name "BOREINGER" on his designs?

Hell we might just end up with a USA,China Made in USA not to be confused with Made in U.S.A.
                              LESS EBAY MORE MEL BAY

OLD SCHOOL MY SCHOOL ONLY SCHOOL

Comment

Originally posted by puretube
                                anyone noticed, that the jacks of the B*ss clones
                                are not screwed to the chassis?
                                Yup, that's the way to save money on production - if you can machine-solder everything to the pcb (jacks, switches, pots and all), you've saved a fortune in assembly. But you will lose a lot of reliability that way - in a Boss pedal, all the "moving" parts (jacks, switch and pots) are mounted separately from the main pcb, which protects it from shock damage and stress cracks. The only external part that is soldered directly to the pcb is the adapter jack (and sure enough, that is the part I find to have the highest failure rate).

The Behringer knock-offs will - to make room for the jacks - most likely use miniature SMD components, and if so modding will be more or less out of the question. Add to that the fact that it will probably break (or at least sustain damage) the first time the band's singer accidentally steps on the input cable... (they always do, don't they? It's either the singer or some drunk guy who decides to "sit in" with the band... ) Still, Danelectro managed to sell a whole heap of cheaply made pedals, so who knows?

However, I for one will not be touching any of these pedals, if they ever reach the market. Even if you set aside the ethics argument (Behringer's long history of ripping off other manufacturers), the quality (or lack thereof) will be more than enough to make me give these a wide berth...

Btw, I spent the afternoon at the music shop, and when I showed them the Behringer pedals, the first three words they all uttered was the thread title - word for word...

/Andreas
                                The Power List

Comment

Working...
                                X