BOss DS-1 Appreciation Thread

KjStrat62

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzface71

First ever guitar pedal that I was ever aware of, even before, I started playing guitar. It's a standard, but IMO it suck ass.
:)

It was my first pedal to and I used to play it thru my bros boom box. Metal all the way I thought...it couldn't be any better if you asked me! Scorpions and me...Mattias Jabs in the left headphone and me and my DS1 in the right and my tone was just as good, if not better:D

I'm glad my ear developed a little:o

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzbox

I think it's flat out horrible! The SD1 on the other hand is amazing...and not only for it's price!

I have a SD-1 sitting here I bought last week, ready to return for an OD-3. Good choice? Reason being my amp does subtle OD well enough on its own and I want something a little stronger but still under the distortion level.

• Members

I have posted this photo before.....yea I know nice boots :cool:

Weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with...but this is true with all pedals and I'm sure you all know that :D

If you have ever watched Via: Live at the Astoria London then you know that he uses it for a lead boost into already cranked Carvin Legacys, and it is not the tool he uses to get his main tone. So it is to Vai what the Tube Screamer is to SRV...a tool used for lead boosts.

OK enough on that...I own a Keeley modded DS-1 Ultra and it has got to be the most disappointing pedal I have purchased from RK :(

So...OK I'm not Vai, my Keeley modded SD-1 on the other hand will be around when I die :D

Anyway...just because it did not do what I wanted doesn't make it a bad pedal, it goes right back to my opening statement "weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with" . As with all pedals...if it works for you ROCK ON!! :cool:

vai03.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by StratStevo

I have posted this photo before.....yea I know
nice boots
:cool:

Weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with...but this is true with
all
pedals and I'm sure you all know that
:D

If you have ever watched Via: Live at the Astoria London then you know that he uses it for a
lead boost
into already cranked Carvin Legacys, and it is not the tool he uses to get his main tone. So it is to Vai what the Tube Screamer is to SRV...a tool used for lead boosts.

OK enough on that...I own a Keeley modded DS-1 Ultra and it has got to be the most disappointing pedal I have purchased from RK
:(

So...OK I'm not Vai, my Keeley modded SD-1 on the other hand will be around when I die
:D

Anyway...just because it did not do what I wanted doesn't make it a bad pedal, it goes right back to my opening statement
"weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with"
. As with all pedals...if it works for you
ROCK ON!!
:cool:

vai03.jpg

Exactly. I have that DVD and watch it alot. The DS-1 for Vai is just a lead boost to smooth out the Legacy.

• Members

It's the best pedal-distortion box out there imo. I have an old JAP version that DOES sound better then the newer TAI's i've heard. But i have no need for it anymore since i bought my Diezel VH-4... But still... i could never sell it (unless you pay me a 5 digit price for it offcourse:D ) thumbs up for the ol' orange crunchbox....

Satch, Vai, Cobain, Robert Smith and me can't all be wrong....

• Members

Originally posted by kirs

Screw it. I have been playing with the SD-1 for the past hour and I am keeping it. Sounds good on top of everything, I just needed a while to find my tone with it.

psst.....this thread is about the DS1...not SD1.....

the sd1 is the industry standard boost pedal:)

• Members

Originally posted by Heineken

It's the best pedal-distortion box out there imo. I have an old JAP version that DOES sound better then the newer TAI's i've heard. But i have no need for it anymore since i bought my Diezel VH-4... But still... i could never sell it (unless you pay me a 5 digit price for it offcourse:D ) thumbs up for the ol' orange crunchbox....

Satch, Vai, Cobain, Robert Smith and me can't all be wrong....

True/ Seems like almost every show i see there is a DS1 around, Is this weird or what.

Archived