X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOss DS-1 Appreciation Thread

Boss DS-1 thread for those who like it. Admittedly everyone has treid one.I first treid one in 1982 or so.Like it or not the pedal is still around. I always keep one in stock!!
    Fender 65 Reissue Super Reverb Amp<br>Fender Mark Knopfler Artist Series Strat<br>Burris Boostiest 2.5

great pedal, but the sweet spot is with the tone at 12 o'clock i think. that said, the brittleness of the the high end makes for good noise rock...
    <font size="5">OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.</font><br><br><font size="5"><a target="_blank" href="https://soundcloud.com/joey-levenson/">Joey Levenson on SoundCloud </a></font><br><br>

Comment

I think it's flat out horrible! The SD1 on the other hand is amazing...and not only for it's price!

Comment

I haven

Comment

First ever guitar pedal that I was ever aware of, even before, I started playing guitar. It's a standard, but IMO it suck ass.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzface71
            First ever guitar pedal that I was ever aware of, even before, I started playing guitar. It's a standard, but IMO it suck ass.
            It was my first pedal to and I used to play it thru my bros boom box. Metal all the way I thought...it couldn't be any better if you asked me! Scorpions and me...Mattias Jabs in the left headphone and me and my DS1 in the right and my tone was just as good, if not better

I'm glad my ear developed a little

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzbox

I'm glad my ear developed a little

Even then, I thought the sound was horrible. I think... it's actually the pedal that turned me off to the word "distortion" even in a very young age?!

Comment

Originally posted by Formaldehyde
                I haven

Comment

I never had any luck with them .....then I got a Boogie about 5 years ago....... let me tell you the Boogie LOVES the DS-1 and I've had a DS-1 around ever since. I use both a modded one and a stock one.

Comment

I think it's flat out horrible! The SD1 on the other hand is amazing...and not only for it's price!

WORD to that. SD1 power

Comment

I have a SD-1 sitting here I bought last week, ready to return for an OD-3. Good choice? Reason being my amp does subtle OD well enough on its own and I want something a little stronger but still under the distortion level.

Comment

I have posted this photo before.....yea I know nice boots

Weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with...but this is true with all pedals and I'm sure you all know that

If you have ever watched Via: Live at the Astoria London then you know that he uses it for a lead boost into already cranked Carvin Legacys, and it is not the tool he uses to get his main tone. So it is to Vai what the Tube Screamer is to SRV...a tool used for lead boosts.

OK enough on that...I own a Keeley modded DS-1 Ultra and it has got to be the most disappointing pedal I have purchased from RK

So...OK I'm not Vai, my Keeley modded SD-1 on the other hand will be around when I die

Anyway...just because it did not do what I wanted doesn't make it a bad pedal, it goes right back to my opening statement "weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with" . As with all pedals...if it works for you ROCK ON!!

Paint & Binding Does Not Equal Tone, Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by StratStevo
                          I have posted this photo before.....yea I know nice boots

Weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with...but this is true with all pedals and I'm sure you all know that

If you have ever watched Via: Live at the Astoria London then you know that he uses it for a lead boost into already cranked Carvin Legacys, and it is not the tool he uses to get his main tone. So it is to Vai what the Tube Screamer is to SRV...a tool used for lead boosts.

OK enough on that...I own a Keeley modded DS-1 Ultra and it has got to be the most disappointing pedal I have purchased from RK

So...OK I'm not Vai, my Keeley modded SD-1 on the other hand will be around when I die

Anyway...just because it did not do what I wanted doesn't make it a bad pedal, it goes right back to my opening statement "weather or not the DS-1 works for you or not depends on how you use it and what you use it with" . As with all pedals...if it works for you ROCK ON!!

Exactly. I have that DVD and watch it alot. The DS-1 for Vai is just a lead boost to smooth out the Legacy.
                          Fender 65 Reissue Super Reverb Amp<br>Fender Mark Knopfler Artist Series Strat<br>Burris Boostiest 2.5

Comment

I just got myself a ds-1 and its pretty good. Sounds good with a bass, too

Comment

sounds good as a boost feeding my big muff and on bass. thumbs up, says i.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by preservation </i><br />
                              <b><font color="green"><font face="century gothic"><font size="4">master the sound of eating wet cigarettes</font> </font> </font> </b>

</div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <a href="http://www.myspace.com/vanitysongs" target="_blank">Irony is dead (would you help me move the body?)</a> </div>

Comment

• Working...
                                X