i fell in love with this amp at the NAMM show and had to have it

zachary vex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh hell yeah! Nice snag Zach. I saw and heard that thing. Awesome amp. The built in Trem sounds killer too!

Congrats.

I wanted that thing too!

Hmmm on second look, that one doesn't have the trem,huh??

No matter. Killer.

• Members

it sounds like the voice of god. it's 15 watts with two preamp tubes (presumably 12AX7s) and two EL84s. it has a gorgeous clean tone and breaks up by the time it reaches 9 o'clock, and from there it just sweats and groans and explodes. i love it more than any supro with a 12" that i've ever tried or owned, and it's JUST like what they would have done, only better. i'm really really thrilled. it's part marshall, part ac-15, part champ... it's really really amazing. nothing like it on earth. i'm really proud of zinky for designing this thing... it looks fantastic, too. it's great having the controls right there where you can see exactly how they're set. i love it! 8^)

• Members

the 12" speaker is an Eminence custom design using paper from the mill that Celestion built to make speaker paper in England. it's impossible to describe how delightful the speaker responds to the amp. the cab, however small, sounds just huge, without any of the "hollowness" associated with open-back combos like ac-15s and ac-30s. it's full and fat and sweaty and crystalline in the top without being painful.

• Members

dunno what they'll be in the stores for. i think bruce said they're retailing around $1200.00, so i imagine they'll be somewhere around $800-$900? dunno... for awhile they'll be full price because nobody can get them!

he said that white on white is a one-of-a-kind piece. i guess the regular colors are on the website, suprousa.com.

suprosm.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

it sounds like the voice of god. it's 15 watts with two preamp tubes (presumably 12AX7s) and two EL84s. it has a gorgeous clean tone and breaks up by the time it reaches 9 o'clock, and from there it just sweats and groans and explodes. i love it more than any supro with a 12" that i've ever tried or owned, and it's JUST like what they would have done, only better. i'm really really thrilled. it's part marshall, part ac-15, part champ... it's really really amazing. nothing like it on earth. i'm really proud of zinky for designing this thing... it looks fantastic, too. it's great having the controls right there where you can see exactly how they're set. i love it! 8^)

bah,

my nano sounds better ;)

:)

• Members

Originally posted by bigtonemusic

I thought it was covered with truckbed liner and got all excited for a second there. It looks cool though...kinda like plaster and gauze...the way they used to make casts for broken bones.

What is that stuff? It looks so clean. I don't see any cut lines. I must be some sort of moldable material.

Archived