Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

i fell in love with this amp at the NAMM show and had to have it

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Any plans for Supro guitar reissues? I've always wanted a Dual Tone for some reason.

    Originally posted by TexGtr
    thats cool, but i want Magnatone reissues.


    That would be very cool also...

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by LWatford-2
      Any plans for Supro guitar reissues? I've always wanted a Dual Tone for some reason.



      That would be very cool also...


      Yes, He is . I sent Bruce Z .
      A complete set of Guitar templates for the Dualtone already and I understand that he had one at this past show.

      He and I communicate on a weekly basis, but He has yet to tell me which other models he intends to build... even though He asked me to make up a set of templates for;
      the Jetsons, the Ozark, the Sahara and a mid 60s long scale "Jazz" bass.
      I posted a complete breakdown of all the spec. in the electric guitar forum.
      the Coolest Guitars Designs since...ever
      www.jbacklund.com

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Bruce Bennett


        Yes, He is . I sent Bruce Z .
        A complete set of Guitar templates for the Dualtone already and I understand that he had one at this past show.

        He and I communicate on a weekly basis, but He has yet to tell me which other models he intends to build... even though He asked me to make up a set of templates for;
        the Jetsons, the Ozark, the Sahara and a mid 60s long scale "Jazz" bass.
        I posted a complete breakdown of all the spec. in the electric guitar forum.


        Very very cool. Will they be straight copies? Any modern "improvements?"

        Comment


        • #49
          If it sounds as described I'm gonna sell my Matchless Clubman and Marshall 4x12 and buy two little Supro's.

          Comment


          • #50
            .

            i don't see any info on this amp line at the zinky amps website - does anyone know where some specs and pics of the Supro line can be found?

            three web searches have turned up nothing...
            "If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way."
            --- Bertrand Russell
            __ _ __ _ __

            my music
            A&A Myspace

            Comment


            • #51
              http://suprousa.com/

              not much there yet tho. April, Bruce sed.
              http://zvex.com ...17 years of freaky pedals!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by zachary vex
                http://suprousa.com/

                not much there yet tho. April, Bruce sed.


                Jesus that 50 watter has very similar specs to a Vibroking. Cool. Wasn't Zinky responsible for the Vibroking?

                taco

                Comment


                • #53
                  This is the info I received via email:
                  "Thanks for your interest in Supro. These new Supro amps will be new designs by Bruce Zinky. The current models are the "Model 50" (a single ended, 15 watt, single 10" combo), the "Sahara" (25 watt, single channel 1x12 combo) and the Tremolectric which you can see on the website. The price on the Sahara will be around $1200 and $2400 for the Tremolectric, not sure about the Model 50 yet but it will be on the website within a month. Please feel free to contact me again if you need any more information. Thanks"

                  I'm guessing that Vex's is the the Model 50. Is that right? The Sahara, looks like it could be the Zinky Blue Velvet with a different name.
                  What to do, what to do? My head is exploding!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    mine is the white one, the Sahara. i was under the impression that it was 15 watts... wow, 25... no wonder it's so ****************ing loud. 8^)
                    http://zvex.com ...17 years of freaky pedals!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by zachary vex
                      mine is the white one, the Sahara. i was under the impression that it was 15 watts... wow, 25... no wonder it's so ****************ing loud. 8^)


                      LOL........
                      Bob RIP 2005

                      Tommy RIP 2006

                      -----------------------
                      FOR SALE:

                      New in box AD-9 first $100 takes her home. Will trade for Golden Cello

                      Gonkalator 137.26








                      Modified Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (hate to sell this!) -----> $400.00

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by The Gainster


                        LOL........


                        you gotta wonder what plate voltage Bruce is running to get two EL84s to deliver 25 watts.
                        http://zvex.com ...17 years of freaky pedals!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Yea, I don't know what to make of that either. I've got an SMF Class A 35 Watter that runs 2 x EL34s, and I've got a Bogner Shiva that is supposedly 80 Watts that runs to EL34s.

                          That Zinky stuff just sounds awesome. I've played the Mofo and the Encore, and both were really great amps.

                          I'm kinda gassing for a Blue Velvet, but I might wait for a Sahara.
                          What to do, what to do? My head is exploding!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Vex,

                            Does the sahara have reverb or a loop? Have you played the Blue Velvet? Are they similar sounding?
                            What to do, what to do? My head is exploding!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by zachary vex


                              you gotta wonder what plate voltage Bruce is running to get two EL84s to deliver 25 watts.


                              i have 2 el84s in my mesa that put out 20 watts.
                              The Common Sense Mets Fan

                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                A little hijack: I love white amps
                                AS200-FA1-HOTBOX-barber launchpad-AC30
                                In my I-pod:the noisettes and forwardrussia

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X