Peter Cornish Fuzz, Anyone?

fuzzface71

• Members

i still have it......its the hugest, fattest, most crunchy like fuzzmachine in the world. Big Cheese and Swollen Pickle sounds tame in comparison. Then you are at gainlevel 12 0 clock and it justs keeps on bringing more and more fuzz/distortion without ever getting lost in the mix or sounding compressed or without string-separation.

But its not 500 dollars better than my Foxey Fuzz....i will pull out the P-2 when i need it, not selling it yet anyways...it really is THAT good. If you were to try one youd know..... Theres something in it that makes everything sound good....sometimes almost too good.

• Members

heh, it's just that you bought a Twin Reverb and are now looking at ES-335's that I figured you got an offer you couldn't refuse ...

what bugs me is the Cornish circuit, it could very well be a souped up FZ-2, but if you take a peek inside, the warranty is void, right ? that's not very nice of Cornish ...
I zstill have to try my first Cornish pedal, have been on the phone with someone who owned a couple of Cornish pedals, but he was looking for buyers, and I just wanted to try the pedals, not buy 'em, I'm done with buying pedals
;)

• Members

Olle, congrats on your new purchase! What kinda Twin is it? A 65 reissue? A vintage SF/BF?

I've kind of put a little bit of $$$ into my gear budget lately. Between that selling some pedals, I have about $1000 USD to spend on gear.

A local music store called me to tell me I have a store credit. I *know* it's a computer/salesperson error because I keep track of every dollar I have. In fact, going through my records, I *know* it's a salesperson error in my favor :D That's not going to keep my from spending it! :D It's exactly enough for a brand new Ibanez TS-808 reissue which if I get will send to Robert Keeley to get modded to vintage specs. Right now I'm trying to decide between the TS-808 or putting in the extra $$$ and getting a MicroKORG.

On the subject of fuzzes, I've owned and played a number of them, vintage/reissue Big Muffs of all types, standard issue (ie. Boss, DOD) and even some hand made boutique ones and out of all of them, the best fuzz I think was the Analogman Sun Face NKT 275. It just irks me that Mike didn't/couldn't put a 9V adapter and LED into it! :mad:

I'm kinda GASing a fuzz right now and the Analogman is top on my list but given the shortcomings, I'd consider other options. I remember there were some other folks who also made Fuzz Face clones using NKT 275 but can't think of any of the brands at the moment (anyone know off-hand?)

• Members

Kestral, I had the Analogman NKT275 Sun face and used it in my rig for a few weeks. It's a great pedal, no doubt, but not best suited to the Vox sound for me...

I found the Keeley Fuzz Head to be a much better match. It's very hard to say exactly why, it just sounded closer to how I wanted my amp to sound.

I would say it's a little more "hi-fi" than the Sun Face, certainly with more gain and definitely with more volume. The Keeley also kept the character of my amp in tact far better than the Analogman, which suited me.

It has the 9v input plus led of course! Not to mention the extra silicon gain stage. Well worth checking out if you're the type of guy who doesn't much go for the "deep" and "fuzzy" fuzz pedals.

• Members

Hi Teahead,

Thanks for the info. I owned a Sun Face NKT 275 and if you could believe it, I sold it because I thought it sounded "too vintage"! :rolleyes:

It sounded really great on my AC15tbx. When I stuck my Boss FA-1 in front of it, I got a sound that was very reminiscent of The Edge's "747" sound (apparently I needed to feed back my Korg SDD-3000 on itself in order to get the full effect).

Now I'm kicking myself wondering why the hell I sold it in the first place :rolleyes:

I ended up selling it I think to Papa Taco who ended up selling it :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

i still have it......its the hugest, fattest, most crunchy like fuzzmachine in the world. Big Cheese and Swollen Pickle sounds tame in comparison. Then you are at gainlevel 12 0 clock and it justs keeps on bringing more and more fuzz/distortion without ever getting lost in the mix or sounding compressed or without string-separation.

But its not 500 dollars better than my Foxey Fuzz....i will pull out the P-2 when i need it, not selling it yet anyways...it really is THAT good. If you were to try one youd know..... Theres something in it that makes everything sound good....sometimes almost too good.

have any clips?

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

How much is it? $600? :eek::confused:

Archived