Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Cornish Fuzz, Anyone?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Wasn't the Cornish fuzz supposed to be a tweaked Big Muff style circuit with his buffer stuff included? I could be completely wrong but I remember reading that years ago, maybe he's refined it more?

    DJ
    Originally posted by opiepac
    I just live with the twitch, personally.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ollenorin
      Theres something in it that makes everything sound good....sometimes almost too good.



      I just love that someone would say a pedal sounding almost too good. For some reason I think that's really funny.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi Teahead,

        Thanks for the info. I owned a Sun Face NKT 275 and if you could believe it, I sold it because I thought it sounded "too vintage"!

        It sounded really great on my AC15tbx. When I stuck my Boss FA-1 in front of it, I got a sound that was very reminiscent of The Edge's "747" sound (apparently I needed to feed back my Korg SDD-3000 on itself in order to get the full effect).

        Now I'm kicking myself wondering why the hell I sold it in the first place

        I ended up selling it I think to Papa Taco who ended up selling it

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ollenorin
          i still have it......its the hugest, fattest, most crunchy like fuzzmachine in the world. Big Cheese and Swollen Pickle sounds tame in comparison. Then you are at gainlevel 12 0 clock and it justs keeps on bringing more and more fuzz/distortion without ever getting lost in the mix or sounding compressed or without string-separation.

          But its not 500 dollars better than my Foxey Fuzz....i will pull out the P-2 when i need it, not selling it yet anyways...it really is THAT good. If you were to try one youd know..... Theres something in it that makes everything sound good....sometimes almost too good.


          have any clips?
          Formerly known as Spoonie G.







          http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by spoonie g


            have any clips?

            With that much buying and selling of gear, who has time to make clips or play?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ollenorin
              i still have it......its the hugest, fattest, most crunchy like fuzzmachine in the world. Big Cheese and Swollen Pickle sounds tame in comparison. Then you are at gainlevel 12 0 clock and it justs keeps on bringing more and more fuzz/distortion without ever getting lost in the mix or sounding compressed or without string-separation.

              But its not 500 dollars better than my Foxey Fuzz....i will pull out the P-2 when i need it, not selling it yet anyways...it really is THAT good. If you were to try one youd know..... Theres something in it that makes everything sound good....sometimes almost too good.


              How much is it? $600?

              Comment


              • #22
                more
                Originally Posted by lefort_1
                What really alarms me is: my daughter is now older than the age I think I am.

                Wtb:
                Lovetone Big Cheese
                Lipo batteries for rc-car, preferably 2s

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ollenorin
                  more




                  IMO, no fuzz pedal is worth $200+ unless, it's a do it all pedal!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    to me, sir paul mccartney and dave gilmour i guess they are worth it...

                    Originally Posted by lefort_1
                    What really alarms me is: my daughter is now older than the age I think I am.

                    Wtb:
                    Lovetone Big Cheese
                    Lipo batteries for rc-car, preferably 2s

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ollenorin
                      to me, sir paul mccartney and dave gilmour i guess they are worth it...



                      WEll, if I was rich like those guys. I won't care either.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by fuzzface71


                        How much is it? $600?

                        MORE? So what you're saying is, you could have had all three of these instead

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Kestral

                          MORE? So what you're saying is, you could have had all three of these instead



                          i wouldnt use any of those....dont like them.
                          Originally Posted by lefort_1
                          What really alarms me is: my daughter is now older than the age I think I am.

                          Wtb:
                          Lovetone Big Cheese
                          Lipo batteries for rc-car, preferably 2s

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ollenorin

                            i wouldnt use any of those....dont like them.

                            Have you tried any of them?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ollenorin


                              i wouldnt use any of those....dont like them.


                              You are such a gear snob my friend!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by fuzzface71


                                You are such a gear snob my friend!


                                werd... The Sunface is the ****************... And ive played quite a few fuzzes....

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X