No announcement yet.

The Boss PN-2

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boss PN-2

This sounds like a really cool pedal!! Does the band Slowdive use it on the Souvlaki album?

But, dude, some jerk is trying to sell one used for $200
    What the hell?

I think I paid like 190
    Originally posted by disartdsgn
    I also have to say that I saw them in 89 in DC.........THEY WERE SOOOOOO LOUD THAT TWO OF MY molar FILLINGS FELL OUT!!!
    It was just a Marshall Plexi DIMED AND miced.....I can't even comprehend how loud J. is now Huh? did someone just say something? All I heard was a WOOOOOOOOSH...

www.memoryeraser.net

Comment

Originally posted by alerieb23
      I think I paid like 190
      yeah right! You're probably the jerk selling it for $200!!

Comment

Whaddaya goin' do? It isn't made anymore; it's idiotically overpriced. That said I had one for ten years and it never broke down. I got all boutiquey and gear snobby and sold the PN-2 because it was a boss for gods sake and tried:

Menatone Pleasure Trem
        Perscription Electronics throb
        Diaz Tremodillo

and a few others I forget.....I ended up buying another PN-2 and ended up putting it back on the board. It isn't "amp like" the way some of those other pedals are. I found I didn't really like "amp like" as much. But these days its like the DM-2 or 3; a good pedal stupidly overpriced because it's out of production. Its a little different from most trems; definitly more machine like and sterile-but it seems to stick out more and cut through better for me. Some of those so called warm, boutique amp like trems got lost for some reason....
        "i dont even know what a short bus is, isnt that a filter record?" Seifukusha

Comment

telepaul, did you like the pleasure trem? or was the pn2 just alot better? what do you do about the volume drop though?

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeDay
            This sounds like a really cool pedal!! Does the band Slowdive use it on the Souvlaki album?

But, dude, some jerk is trying to sell one used for $200
            What the hell?

I got mine for 50 bucks. Sold it for like 150.

Comment

The PN-2 is pretty cool. It's not warm sounding or vintage sounding at all, it's a very modern sounding mechanical sort of tremolo. For the price it sells for now it's not really worth it.

I replaced mine with a Demeter Tremulator which just has to be about the best tremolo ever...I couldn't imagine anything sounding better.
              For sale:
              Boss RV-2 Reverb - some scratches and knobs have been changed. $65

Comment

Originally posted by SteveR

Yeah, I remember that trade. 50 bucks and a Boss RC-20.
                For sale:

Comment

Originally posted by espechemode
                  The PN-2 is pretty cool. It's not warm sounding or vintage sounding at all, it's a very modern sounding mechanical sort of tremolo. For the price it sells for now it's not really worth it.

I replaced mine with a Demeter Tremulator which just has to be about the best tremolo ever...I couldn't imagine anything sounding better.

yeah I got it from u! I traded u the rc20 I got for 100 bucks.

Comment

You sold it to me for $130. Thanks for the markup.

The only thing I don't like about it is the clicking "tempo noise".

Comment

hehe, i've just scored one

can't wait to get it.
                      joe_lechuza: lacking neither boutique or revered pedals since 1986.

Originally posted by RoboPimp
                      PM my ballsack, it says you missed a spot last night ...

http://www.myspace.com/thecomfortingsounds

we could do with some more posing.

Comment

I got mine for 20$, blinking LED did not work but that was an easy fix, I got it off a bassplayer
                        great tremolo, slight volume drop, but very decent tremolo ounds, anything from slow and soft pulsating to hard and fast chopper tremolo sounds, and the stereo panner is a nice bonus too.

Comment

I hate that there is no soft sound. the one cool thing I found was the triangle pan/trem with the depth maxed and the speed slow. It does volume swells.

Comment

yeah I got it from u! I traded u the rc20 I got for 100 bucks.

Yeah, and I sold the RC-20 on ebay for $220. So I guess we both did ok.
                            For sale:

Comment

yes indeed. it was mint. I got it at g center too!

Comment

Working...
                              X