i need HELP with a pedalboard!

adelphi710

• Members

i honestly have no clue what i need to get my effects up and running the BEST way possible. i have a bad cat hot cat 30r 2x12 combo coming. the effects i use are a shannon phaser, a maxon ad900, a monster effects swamp thang, and one or two tops in the near future. what do i need to get my effects up an running? as you can see, i don't like any tone to be sucked! i figured i'd just run everything through the effects loop? what kind of pedalboard should i be looking at for such a small setup? do i just slap a 9v adapter w/ and daisey chain my pedals, then run the whole board through the loop? sorry about the 20?, thanks in advance

• Members

I could be wrong but it sounds like you are in a hurry. Take your time and experiment. That is half the fun.

You might not even need to use your effects loop. Wait and see how it sounds. And check out nyc pedalboards
If you like effects, then it would be smarter to get a pedalboard with room to spare in case you ever wantg to add on (which you probably will if you spend time here :) ).

• Members

Run your signal into the Swamp Thang, Shannon then Maxon. Keep the delay last, and depending on what the other pedals will be, they'll most likely be in front of what you have now as well.

I have a Furman powered pedalboard that's great. Room for 8-9 pedals, seperate grounded 9v plug ins. A few 18v plug ins, and a build in effects loop so you don't have a lot of cables going back and forth to your amp. Worth every penny.

They are about $200.00 new, but simplfy life so much. I do have a new one from MF I was about to send back as I lightened my board. My asking price is $150.00 plus shipping. If you're intererested let me know quickly as I'm contacting MF over the weekend for the return. :)

• Members

Originally posted by adelphi710

that looks interesting. is there enough room on that pedal train for a 9V adapter that i can daisey chain everything with? also, i will be touring 200+ dates a year, so it's gotta be durable.

Yes, or get a DC Brick or Pedal Power to do the daisy chain thing with. I had a power strip velcro'd to the top, which had 2 wall warts plugged into it. The Pedal Train is made of some sort of very durable metal, welded together at the joints, and painted a kind of battleship gray. Comes with a couple of rolls of velcro, too.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Pedaltrain and NYC pedalboards are both (from all the compliments I hear) great companies with good customer service. I've heard that the guy at NYC pedalboards has replaced carpeting for free when it has come off and Pedaltrain has done similar when such things as the rubber footing came off.

Archived